LV STATUS closed/syncd - Aix

This is a discussion on LV STATUS closed/syncd - Aix ; Hello All, in theory i can delete LV's that are "closed/syncd" is that correct? one of my AIX SERVER is a sybase server that uses RAW LV's .. how can i be certain that it is not being used by ...

  1. LV STATUS closed/syncd

    Hello All,

    in theory i can delete LV's that are "closed/syncd" is that
    correct? one of my AIX SERVER is a sybase server that uses RAW
    LV's .. how can i be certain that it is not being used by sybase even
    though the STATUS of the LV is "closed/syncd"

    Thanks
    pinoy

  2. Re: LV STATUS closed/syncd

    On 28 Sep, 16:57, pinoy2ser wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > in theory i can delete LV's that are "closed/syncd" is that
    > correct? one of my AIX SERVER is a sybase server that uses RAW
    > LV's .. how can i be certain that it is not being used by sybase even
    > though the STATUS of the LV is "closed/syncd"
    >
    > Thanks
    > pinoy

    closed/syncd would mean its not in use at the time you are looking, eg
    sybase is down. Im not familiar with sybase but is it possible that
    the part that uses the LV's is just not running - in that case its
    likely they would be closed/syncd. The only way to really be sure is
    to check with the team looking after sybase. I wouldnt delete a
    closed/syncd LV until I got the go-ahead from the app or DB team.

    Regards,
    Scott

  3. Re: LV STATUS closed/syncd

    On Oct 1, 7:04 am, scott wrote:
    > On 28 Sep, 16:57, pinoy2ser wrote:
    >
    > > Hello All,

    > > in theory i can delete LV's that are "closed/syncd" is that
    > > correct? one of my AIX SERVER is a sybase server that uses RAW
    > > LV's .. how can i be certain that it is not being used by sybase even
    > > though the STATUS of the LV is "closed/syncd"

    > > Thanks
    > > pinoy

    > closed/syncd would mean its not in use at the time you are looking, eg
    > sybase is down. Im not familiar with sybase but is it possible that
    > the part that uses the LV's is just not running - in that case its
    > likely they would be closed/syncd. The only way to really be sure is
    > to check with the team looking after sybase. I wouldnt delete a
    > closed/syncd LV until I got the go-ahead from the app or DB team.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Scott

    Thanks..Scott for the great advice, much appreciated

    Pinoy

+ Reply to Thread