Availability of Firefox 2.0.0.7 for AIX - Aix

This is a discussion on Availability of Firefox 2.0.0.7 for AIX - Aix ; The builds are pushed on my site http://www.linkitup.de/ForAIX/Firefox Same procedure as every build for more than 2 years now It would be nice to hear reports of users on AIX 6 open beta. I don't have a 64bit machine. I've ...

  1. Availability of Firefox 2.0.0.7 for AIX

    The builds are pushed on my site

    http://www.linkitup.de/ForAIX/Firefox

    Same procedure as every build
    for more than 2 years now

    It would be nice to hear reports of users on AIX 6 open beta. I don't
    have a 64bit machine.

    I've started porting Firefox 3 alpha and saw many new dependencies, so I
    won't provide Firefox 3 (or 1.9a8) builds as long as Firefox 2 will be
    supported by mozilla.org

    --
    Uli Link

  2. Re: Availability of Firefox 2.0.0.7 for AIX

    On Sep 20, 4:40 pm, Uli Link
    wrote:
    > The builds are pushed on my site
    >
    > http://www.linkitup.de/ForAIX/Firefox
    >
    > Same procedure as every build
    > for more than 2 years now
    >
    > It would be nice to hear reports of users on AIX 6 open beta. I don't
    > have a 64bit machine.
    >
    > I've started porting Firefox 3 alpha and saw many new dependencies, so I
    > won't provide Firefox 3 (or 1.9a8) builds as long as Firefox 2 will be
    > supported by mozilla.org
    >
    > --
    > Uli Link

    Hi Uli......

    I buggered my Firefox installation (from IBM site) and I get a core
    dump every time I try to run it......

    How do I remove it?

    How would I debug it if I can't remove it?

    CT the Unwise

  3. Re: Availability of Firefox 2.0.0.7 for AIX

    "Tim Knight/CT" wrote in message
    news:1190324429.640884.227450@w3g2000hsg.googlegro ups.com...
    > On Sep 20, 4:40 pm, Uli Link
    > wrote:
    >> The builds are pushed on my site
    >>
    >> http://www.linkitup.de/ForAIX/Firefox
    >>
    >> Same procedure as every build
    >> for more than 2 years now
    >>
    >> It would be nice to hear reports of users on AIX 6 open beta. I don't
    >> have a 64bit machine.
    >>
    >> I've started porting Firefox 3 alpha and saw many new dependencies, so I
    >> won't provide Firefox 3 (or 1.9a8) builds as long as Firefox 2 will be
    >> supported by mozilla.org
    >>
    >> --
    >> Uli Link

    > Hi Uli......
    >
    > I buggered my Firefox installation (from IBM site) and I get a core
    > dump every time I try to run it......
    >
    > How do I remove it?
    >
    > How would I debug it if I can't remove it?
    >
    > CT the Unwise

    Tim
    You can knock it out with
    Smit/Sware Install/Sware Mtce Utls/Remove Instal Sware/Sware Name and hit
    List
    and you should see Firefox base.rte
    Highlight it and set smit off to delete it.

    Looking at my 44P logs, I had the core dump problem.
    Dont know why, just redownloaded new copy off IBM web site and second go it
    went in okay.

    Good luck
    Basil

    Tim, probably all BS but I treat AIX like Windows. Only install software off
    a new start up then reboot after installation. I reckon it is vital if
    fiddling with TCI/IP settings.

  4. Re: Availability of Firefox 2.0.0.7 for AIX

    Hi,
    I have not heard on anything about FF 2 on AIX 5.3 (or any 5.x) . Do you have any insights?

+ Reply to Thread