    Thaks,
    Alona

  2. Re: AIX5.2 shutdown

    On 2007-09-20, Alona wrote:

    > We shut down our AIX5.2 with 'shutdown' command without '-h'
    > argument. We manually turned the power off and unplugged the box. Now
    > the box does not reboot properly - the status display shows boot
    > progress and finally shows "OK", but we do not get any console.

    Are you sure that was *boot* progress and not *poweron testing* progress?
    Did you try to press the on/off button after OK appeared in the display?

    --
    Jurjen Oskam

    Savage's Law of Expediency:
    You want it bad, you'll get it bad.

  3. Re: AIX5.2 shutdown

    On 20 Sep, 17:31, Jurjen Oskam wrote:
    > On 2007-09-20, Alona wrote:
    >
    > > We shut down our AIX5.2 with 'shutdown' command without '-h'
    > > argument. We manually turned the power off and unplugged the box. Now
    > > the box does not reboot properly - the status display shows boot
    > > progress and finally shows "OK", but we do not get any console.

    > Are you sure that was *boot* progress and not *poweron testing* progress?
    > Did you try to press the on/off button after OK appeared in the display?
    >
    > --
    > Jurjen Oskam
    >
    > Savage's Law of Expediency:
    > You want it bad, you'll get it bad.

    As hinted at above, the 'OK' means the system is powered down. The
    LED goes blank ones its fully booted up.

    You should be able to directly attach a console to the serial port
    though and get the processor console menu up by hitting enter a few
    times. I think this works on all servers that show 'OK' in the LED
    display.

    If you dont get the processor console menu then maybe the server
    doesnt support this (but as I say I think all the ones do that show
    'OK').

    What is the hardware?

    If its getting to a certain point and then returning to the OK prompt
    then there is most likely some hardware problem. However in this case
    Id expect the LED to halt on an error code.

    Regards,
    Scott

+ Reply to Thread