how to mirror LV needed to replace PV - Aix

This is a discussion on how to mirror LV needed to replace PV - Aix ; Hello All, how can I mirror an LV if i did not choose the option of 2 copies when I created the LV? i may need to replace the SSA disk or PV and one of the LV is not ...

  1. how to mirror LV needed to replace PV

    Hello All,

    how can I mirror an LV if i did not choose the option of 2
    copies when I created the LV? i may need to replace the SSA disk or
    PV and one of the LV is not mirrored. How can make a copy of the LV
    so when the drive needs to be replaced I have an online copy..i will
    definitely make backup, but how can I mirror the LV?

    Thanks
    pinoy

  2. Re: how to mirror LV needed to replace PV

    On Sep 17, 11:33 am, pinoy2ser wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > how can I mirror an LV if i did not choose the option of 2
    > copies when I created the LV? i may need to replace the SSA disk or
    > PV and one of the LV is not mirrored. How can make a copy of the LV
    > so when the drive needs to be replaced I have an online copy..i will
    > definitely make backup, but how can I mirror the LV?
    >
    > Thanks
    > pinoy

    man mklvcopy

  3. Re: how to mirror LV needed to replace PV

    On 17 sep, 19:57, "aixd...@yahoo.com" wrote:
    > On Sep 17, 11:33 am, pinoy2ser wrote:
    >
    > > Hello All,

    > > how can I mirror an LV if i did not choose the option of 2
    > > copies when I created the LV? i may need to replace the SSA disk or
    > > PV and one of the LV is not mirrored. How can make a copy of the LV
    > > so when the drive needs to be replaced I have an online copy..i will
    > > definitely make backup, but how can I mirror the LV?

    > > Thanks
    > > pinoy

    > man mklvcopy

    mklvcopy -s y lv_name new_pv_name

    and

    syncvg the_lv_vg

  4. Re: how to mirror LV needed to replace PV

    On Sep 18, 3:58 am, dfr wrote:
    > On 17 sep, 19:57, "aixd...@yahoo.com" wrote:
    >
    > > On Sep 17, 11:33 am, pinoy2ser wrote:

    > > > Hello All,

    > > > how can I mirror an LV if i did not choose the option of 2
    > > > copies when I created the LV? i may need to replace the SSA disk or
    > > > PV and one of the LV is not mirrored. How can make a copy of the LV
    > > > so when the drive needs to be replaced I have an online copy..i will
    > > > definitely make backup, but how can I mirror the LV?

    > > > Thanks
    > > > pinoy

    > > man mklvcopy

    > mklvcopy -s y lv_name new_pv_name