IBM Parts breakdown - Aix

This is a discussion on IBM Parts breakdown - Aix ; Looking for some help to find a blue print/ schematic which will give me a parts breakdown for a pSeries 610 7028 6E1 server. We need a fan replaced, and I am looking for the part number and also a ...

  1. IBM Parts breakdown

    Looking for some help to find a blue print/ schematic which will give
    me a parts breakdown for a pSeries 610 7028 6E1 server. We need a fan
    replaced, and I am looking for the part number and also a place to
    purchase it. Would appreciate some help.

  2. Re: IBM Parts breakdown

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...s/hardware.htm
    is an index for ALL pSeries servers hardware docs

    here is the hardware guide for hte p610 6E1
    http://publib16.boulder.ibm.com/pser...pdf/380599.pdf
    it has picures and schematics

    toi find the above links took me 5 minutes to google pSeries 610 7028
    6E1 service guide

    That model is new enough that If you purchased it from IBM then you
    should call 1(800) IBM-SERV and ask for hardware and ask them to come
    and replace.

    to find the part number try lscfg -vp |more and page through. I the
    fan part number is not listed then crack open the case and look on the
    fan for the part number.
    http://www.jeskell.com/dnld_assets/GSA_pricelist.pdf
    http://www.xcc.com/detailsV2.lasso/e...-6E1%20(Base)/
    http://www.ajava.biz/ibm/sysParts/7028-6E1.jsp
    might be places that you could call and inquire about a replacement
    fan

    cheer
    LarryBoy -- I am that Hero!!!

  3. Re: IBM Parts breakdown

    On Sep 13, 11:26 am, LarryBoy wrote:
    > http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ndex.jsp?topic...
    > is an index for ALL pSeries servers hardware docs
    >
    > here is the hardware guide for hte p610 6E1http://publib16.boulder.ibm.com/pseries/en_US/infocenter/base/hardwar...
    > it has picures and schematics
    >
    > toi find the above links took me 5 minutes to google pSeries 610 7028
    > 6E1 service guide
    >
    > That model is new enough that If you purchased it from IBM then you
    > should call 1(800) IBM-SERV and ask for hardware and ask them to come
    > and replace.
    >
    > to find the part number try lscfg -vp |more and page through. I the
    > fan part number is not listed then crack open the case and look on the
    > fan for the part number.http://www.jeskell.com/dnld_assets/G...s/7028-6E1.jsp
    > might be places that you could call and inquire about a replacement
    > fan
    >
    > cheer
    > LarryBoy -- I am that Hero!!!

    Much appreciated.