script utility source ? - Aix

This is a discussion on script utility source ? - Aix ; Hi, Anyone know in what package the script utility comes from ? Are the sources for this utility available ? I only found the sources for the linux version in the linux-utils package I would like to be able to ...

  1. script utility source ?

    Hi,
    Anyone know in what package the script utility comes from ?

    Are the sources for this utility available ?

    I only found the sources for the linux version in the linux-utils
    package
    I would like to be able to compile it on AIX for the timestamp
    option but I can't manage to do that.. maybe it's possible to add
    these features to the source of the script utility made for AIX.

    Thanks,
    --Benoit Lefebvre

  2. Re: script utility source ?

    On Sep 12, 7:44 pm, Benoit Lefebvre wrote:

    > I would like to be able to compile it on AIX for the timestamp
    > option but I can't manage to do that.. maybe it's possible to add
    > these features to the source of the script utility made for AIX.

    That would require source code of AIX which is not generally
    available. Better to post the problems you're having with the version
    from the linux-utils package.

  3. Re: script utility source ?

    On Sep 13, 6:45 am, sjm wrote:
    > On Sep 12, 7:44 pm, Benoit Lefebvre wrote:
    >

    > > I would like to be able to compile it on AIX for the timestamp
    > > option but I can't manage to do that.. maybe it's possible to add
    > > these features to the source of the script utility made for AIX.

    > That would require source code of AIX which is not generally
    > available. Better to post the problems you're having with the version
    > from the linux-utils package.

    Well.. this is a utility developped by the Unicersity of California -
    Berkeley.. I found the source for HP-UX, Solaris, IRIX, Linux.. but I
    just can't find it for AIX

    I think I'll go in unix.programmer.something to try to get the source
    ported for AIX.. but I'm sure there is one already existing
    somewhere..

    --Ben

+ Reply to Thread