netgroup support AIX 5.2 ldap client - Aix

This is a discussion on netgroup support AIX 5.2 ldap client - Aix ; Hi, While testing a AIX 5.2 ML8 ldap client I have a problem configuring netgroup support with ldap. I followed the guidelines in the sg247165 ldap guide "Integrating AIX in heterogeneous ldap environments" that said that netgroup support was backported ...

  1. netgroup support AIX 5.2 ldap client

    Hi,

    While testing a AIX 5.2 ML8 ldap client
    I have a problem configuring netgroup support with ldap.
    I followed the guidelines in the sg247165 ldap guide "Integrating AIX in
    heterogeneous ldap environments" that said that netgroup support was
    backported to 5.2 ML4 and beyond.
    I can authenticate AIX users against ldap (rfc2307) ok. All ldap users
    can get access to the aix client. When I want to restrict access via
    setting the +@netgroupname line in /etc/passwd and configuring the
    system for nis_ldap compat mode, the line in /etc/passwd seems to be
    ignored. A # lsldap -a netgroup netgroupname succesfully returns the
    netgroupname and members from ldap. When authenticating a user I can see
    no ldap calls searching for the netgroup.
    The ldap client is 5.2 with latest fixpack 5 that updated some libraries
    and files but not the secldapclntd. lslpp still shows ldap.client.rte at
    level 5.2.0.0
    Am I missing something?

  2. Re: netgroup support AIX 5.2 ldap client

    gertk wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > While testing a AIX 5.2 ML8 ldap client
    > I have a problem configuring netgroup support with ldap.
    > I followed the guidelines in the sg247165 ldap guide "Integrating AIX in
    > heterogeneous ldap environments" that said that netgroup support was
    > backported to 5.2 ML4 and beyond.
    > I can authenticate AIX users against ldap (rfc2307) ok. All ldap users
    > can get access to the aix client. When I want to restrict access via
    > setting the +@netgroupname line in /etc/passwd and configuring the
    > system for nis_ldap compat mode, the line in /etc/passwd seems to be
    > ignored. A # lsldap -a netgroup netgroupname succesfully returns the
    > netgroupname and members from ldap. When authenticating a user I can see
    > no ldap calls searching for the netgroup.
    > The ldap client is 5.2 with latest fixpack 5 that updated some libraries
    > and files but not the secldapclntd. lslpp still shows ldap.client.rte at
    > level 5.2.0.0
    > Am I missing something?

    Hi,

    I got confirmation from IBM that ldap netgroup functionality is not
    supported in AIX5.2 , although the redbook claimed it was backported

    Gert

+ Reply to Thread