Overwritten /bin and /lib - Aix

This is a discussion on Overwritten /bin and /lib - Aix ; Hi, Could anyone possibly advise me on how I can recover the /bin and /lib directories on AIX 5.3. I have listed the files on the mksysb tape that was produced a couple of months ago but both of these ...

  1. Overwritten /bin and /lib

    Hi,

    Could anyone possibly advise me on how I can recover the /bin and /lib
    directories on AIX 5.3.

    I have listed the files on the mksysb tape that was produced a couple
    of months ago but both of these directories are not listed. I am at a
    loss as to how to rebuild these 2 directories. Would it be possible to
    use the original CD's

    Regards

    Andy

  2. Re: Overwritten /bin and /lib

    On Sep 4, 2:23 pm, Ajm wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Could anyone possibly advise me on how I can recover the /bin and /lib
    > directories on AIX 5.3.
    >
    > I have listed the files on the mksysb tape that was produced a couple
    > of months ago but both of these directories are not listed. I am at a
    > loss as to how to rebuild these 2 directories. Would it be possible to
    > use the original CD's
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Andy

    Both are links:
    $ ls -ld /bin /lib
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 bin bin 8 May 16 1970 /bin -> /usr/
    bin
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 bin bin 8 May 16 1970 /lib -> /usr/
    lib

    hth
    Hajo

  3. Re: Overwritten /bin and /lib

    On 4 Sep, 14:15, Hajo Ehlers wrote:
    > On Sep 4, 2:23 pm, Ajm wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > Could anyone possibly advise me on how I can recover the /bin and /lib
    > > directories on AIX 5.3.

    > > I have listed the files on the mksysb tape that was produced a couple
    > > of months ago but both of these directories are not listed. I am at a
    > > loss as to how to rebuild these 2 directories. Would it be possible to
    > > use the original CD's

    > > Regards

    > > Andy

    > Both are links:
    > $ ls -ld /bin /lib
    > lrwxrwxrwx 1 bin bin 8 May 16 1970 /bin -> /usr/
    > bin
    > lrwxrwxrwx 1 bin bin 8 May 16 1970 /lib -> /usr/
    > lib
    >
    > hth
    > Hajo

    Many thanks Hajo.

    I've recreated these two links and will be rebooting the server this
    evening.

    Regards

    Andy

+ Reply to Thread