copy/paste in HMC - Aix

This is a discussion on copy/paste in HMC - Aix ; Hi, Is it possible to a text copy/paste from an HMC console to my PC ? Thanks in advance...

  1. copy/paste in HMC

    Hi,

    Is it possible to a text copy/paste from
    an HMC console to my PC ?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: copy/paste in HMC

    astalavista wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to a text copy/paste from
    > an HMC console to my PC ?

    It is, try pressing CTRL+Insert to copy marked text
    and SHIFT+Insert to paste it. That does not only
    work in the HMC console window, but also in most
    Windows applications :-)

    Regards,
    Andre

  3. Re: copy/paste in HMC

    On Sep 4, 7:51 am, "astalavista" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to a text copy/paste from
    > an HMC console to my PC ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    if you want the output, setup SSH keys and run the command remotely
    and output the command to the remote host

  4. Re: copy/paste in HMC

    Thanks it works well ...

    "Andre Naumann" a écrit dans le message de news:
    5k4svgF23oohU1@mid.individual.net...
    > astalavista wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Is it possible to a text copy/paste from
    >> an HMC console to my PC ?

    > It is, try pressing CTRL+Insert to copy marked text
    > and SHIFT+Insert to paste it. That does not only
    > work in the HMC console window, but also in most
    > Windows applications :-)
    >
    > Regards,
    > Andre

  5. Re: copy/paste in HMC

    "Henry" a écrit dans le message de news:
    1188941198.502899.163290@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups. com...
    > On Sep 4, 7:51 am, "astalavista" wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Is it possible to a text copy/paste from
    >> an HMC console to my PC ?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance

    > if you want the output, setup SSH keys and run the command remotely
    > and output the command to the remote host

    Is it possible to go to the console with ssh ?
    could you explain me please ??

  6. Re: copy/paste in HMC

    astalavista wrote:
    > >> Is it possible to a text copy/paste from
    > >> an HMC console to my PC ?

    > > if you want the output, setup SSH keys and run the command remotely
    > > and output the command to the remote host
    > >

    > Is it possible to go to the console with ssh ?
    > could you explain me please ??

    Yes, it is.

    Use the command "vtmenu" to get a menu of connected machines and
    partitions or the command "mkvterm" to open a console on a specific
    partition directly.

    To open a console connection to the partition LPAR1 on managed machine
    MACHINE1, type:

    mkvterm -m MACHINE1 -p LPAR1

    Regards,
    Andre

  7. Re: copy/paste in HMC

    OK thanks it is great !!!

    "Andre Naumann" a écrit dans le message de news:
    5kcdlfF2mp7uU1@mid.individual.net...

    >> > if you want the output, setup SSH keys and run the command remotely
    >> > and output the command to the remote host
    >> >

    >> Is it possible to go to the console with ssh ?
    >> could you explain me please ??

    > Yes, it is.
    >
    > Use the command "vtmenu" to get a menu of connected machines and
    > partitions or the command "mkvterm" to open a console on a specific
    > partition directly.
    >
    > To open a console connection to the partition LPAR1 on managed machine
    > MACHINE1, type:
    >
    > mkvterm -m MACHINE1 -p LPAR1
    >

    > Regards,
    > Andre