VIO Help Needed - Aix

This is a discussion on VIO Help Needed - Aix ; Can anyone recommend some good documentation on using/configuring VIO in a p595 environment (ie redbooks, handbook, etc). I have recently taken over a position supporting a p595 environment using VIO and have no VIO experience whatsoever. Any recommendations would be ...

  1. VIO Help Needed

    Can anyone recommend some good documentation on using/configuring VIO
    in a p595 environment (ie redbooks, handbook, etc). I have recently
    taken over a position supporting a p595 environment using VIO and have
    no VIO experience whatsoever. Any recommendations would be greatly
    appreciated.

  2. Re: VIO Help Needed

    On Sep 1, 5:35 am, cdwells wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend some good documentation on using/configuring VIO
    > in a p595 environment (ie redbooks, handbook, etc). I have recently
    > taken over a position supporting a p595 environment using VIO and have
    > no VIO experience whatsoever. Any recommendations would be greatly
    > appreciated.

    here's a good start
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...hb1kickoff.htm

  3. Re: VIO Help Needed

    cdwells wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend some good documentation on using/configuring VIO
    > in a p595 environment (ie redbooks, handbook, etc). I have recently
    > taken over a position supporting a p595 environment using VIO and have
    > no VIO experience whatsoever. Any recommendations would be greatly
    > appreciated.

    Hi, reading manuals is sometimes very boring.
    Try a redbook for VIO from www.redbooks.ibm.com , you get illustrated
    scenarios and best practices.
    (Search for: Advanced Power Virtualization)

    --jk

  4. Re: VIO Help Needed

    On Sep 10, 1:16 am, Johann Kappacher
    wrote:
    > cdwells wrote:
    > > Can anyone recommend some good documentation on using/configuring VIO
    > > in a p595 environment (ie redbooks, handbook, etc). I have recently
    > > taken over a position supporting a p595 environment using VIO and have
    > > no VIO experience whatsoever. Any recommendations would be greatly
    > > appreciated.

    > Hi, reading manuals is sometimes very boring.
    > Try a redbook for VIO fromwww.redbooks.ibm.com, you get illustrated
    > scenarios and best practices.
    > (Search for: Advanced Power Virtualization)
    >
    > --jk

    I didn't want to make it TOO easy :P

+ Reply to Thread