TSM Sysback Restore to SAN -- bosboot failing - Aix

This is a discussion on TSM Sysback Restore to SAN -- bosboot failing - Aix ; This is a long shot because its a very specific environment, so I'm sure it will be hard to troubleshoot. I'm attempting to restore a mksysb via TSM sysback straight to some SAN disks. I've successfully done this before but ...

  1. TSM Sysback Restore to SAN -- bosboot failing

    This is a long shot because its a very specific environment, so I'm
    sure it will be hard to troubleshoot.

    I'm attempting to restore a mksysb via TSM sysback straight to some
    SAN disks. I've successfully done this before but this time I'm
    having some serious trouble. At the end of the sysback restore, the
    process attempts to create the BLV and I receive this error:

    *************
    Initializing boot logical volume hd5 on hdisk1 ..

    0301-154 bosboot: missing proto file: /usr/lib/drivers/aixapdiskpcmke

    Error creating boot logical volume!
    Setting boot device list to: hdisk1
    0516-1734 chvg: Warning, savebase failed. Please manually run
    'savebase' before rebooting.
    **************

    Its AIX 5.3 ML4, and I've got the proper drivers installed into the
    SPOT and LPP_SOURCE resources. SAN device is an EMC Symmetrix DMX
    3000, and these are standard raid 5 volumes. IBM hardware is a P55A.

    Like I said, I've done this before, but this time I'm getting some new
    errors and my Google-Fu is failing me.

    Thanks for any suggestions,
    Tyler
    sladetf@gmail.com

  2. Re: TSM Sysback Restore to SAN -- bosboot failing

    On Aug 27, 11:05 am, slad...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Its AIX 5.3 ML4, and I've got the proper drivers installed into the
    > SPOT and LPP_SOURCE resources. SAN device is an EMC Symmetrix DMX
    > 3000, and these are standard raid 5 volumes. IBM hardware is a P55A.

    We experienced the same problem with the same hardware. IBM support
    informed us that we needed to upgrade our SPOT and LPP_SOURCE
    resources to AIX 5.3 TL5 which did fix the problem. There were issues
    within TL4 that prevented a successful boot after mksysb restore.

+ Reply to Thread