Can't install mozilla - Aix

This is a discussion on Can't install mozilla - Aix ; Hi, I installed everything that needs to be installed (gtk+ etc.) and when I run installp it doesn't work, here is the error: Unpack: file size error.. File ./usr/lpp/Mozilla.base/liblpp.a original size 1125802, restored size 1125790 Unpack: internal unpacking error: decode ...

  1. Can't install mozilla

    Hi,
    I installed everything that needs to be installed (gtk+ etc.) and when
    I run installp it doesn't work, here is the error:

    Unpack: file size error..
    File ./usr/lpp/Mozilla.base/liblpp.a original size 1125802, restored
    size 1125790
    Unpack: internal unpacking error: decode failure
    Restore: Out Of Space!!
    installp: An error occurred while running the restore command.
    Use local problem reporting procedures.

    I don't know what it means. I do have sufficient space for it.

    And when I tried to unpack the archive it told me:
    gzip: Mozilla.base.tar.gz: invalid compressed data--format violated
    tar: directory checksum error (804401144 != 71477)

    Now I did it on NetBSD but why isn't it installable?

  2. Re: Can't install mozilla

    On Aug 24, 11:33 am, "kotzkro...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I installed everything that needs to be installed (gtk+ etc.) and when
    > I run installp it doesn't work, here is the error:
    >
    > Unpack: file size error..
    > File ./usr/lpp/Mozilla.base/liblpp.a original size 1125802, restored
    > size 1125790
    > Unpack: internal unpacking error: decode failure
    > Restore: Out Of Space!!
    > installp: An error occurred while running the restore command.
    > Use local problem reporting procedures.
    >
    > I don't know what it means. I do have sufficient space for it.
    >
    > And when I tried to unpack the archive it told me:
    > gzip: Mozilla.base.tar.gz: invalid compressed data--format violated
    > tar: directory checksum error (804401144 != 71477)
    >
    > Now I did it on NetBSD but why isn't it installable?

    Ok, I transferred the file with binary mode *type binary( now and that
    worked. Hooray

+ Reply to Thread