doing NIM pull install and receiving LED 607 after receiving boot image - Aix

This is a discussion on doing NIM pull install and receiving LED 607 after receiving boot image - Aix ; All, I am doing a NIM pull install and I receive the boot image from the NIM master .. Welcome to AIX closing standard error and standard out appears and then nothing on the F50's (NIM client) LED display I ...

  1. doing NIM pull install and receiving LED 607 after receiving boot image

    All,
    I am doing a NIM pull install and I receive the boot image from the
    NIM master ..
    Welcome to AIX closing standard error and standard out appears and
    then nothing
    on the F50's (NIM client) LED display I see 607.

    I boot it back off of hdisk0 into AIX 5.1 and get the ethernet's
    device driver number from lsdev -Cc adapter and then check the AIX 433
    spot and see that it is installed so I update it to the highest fix
    level and try again with the same results.

    I am on a private ethernet subnet with the client and the master.

    Any Suggestions?

  2. Re: doing NIM pull install and receiving LED 607 after receiving boot image

    On Aug 22, 5:24 pm, LarryBoy wrote:
    > All,
    > I am doing a NIM pull install and I receive the boot image from the
    > NIM master ..
    > Welcome to AIX closing standard error and standard out appears and
    > then nothing
    > on the F50's (NIM client) LED display I see 607.
    >
    > I boot it back off of hdisk0 into AIX 5.1 and get the ethernet's
    > device driver number from lsdev -Cc adapter and then check the AIX 433
    > spot and see that it is installed so I update it to the highest fix
    > level and try again with the same results.
    >
    > I am on a private ethernet subnet with the client and the master.
    >
    > Any Suggestions?

    $ grep -p 607 /sbin/rc.boot
    gives:
    native_netboot_cfg [ $? -ne 0 ] && loopled 0x607 "IFCONFIG FAILED"

    Posssible reasons according to this group ( search for - 608
    ifconfig )
    - Use a none-/usr spot
    - For aix 4.3.3 nim client use a base AIX installations CD, build a
    new spot and DO NOT update this spot with any fixes.
    - Your configure the wrong interface in case you have more then one
    network card installed on the nim client
    - Use another network card and not the internal 10/100 Mb card -
    reconfigure after installation.

    hth
    Hajo

  3. Re: doing NIM pull install and receiving LED 607 after receiving boot image

    Hajo,
    Thanks for the response!
    > - Use a none-/usr spot

    I have not tried this

    > - For aix 4.3.3 nim client use a base AIX installations CD, build a
    > new spot and DO NOT update this spot with any fixes.

    I have tried this and I have tried using a different 433spot that HAS
    been updated

    > - Your configure the wrong interface in case you have more then one
    > network card installed on the nim client
    > - Use another network card and not the internal 10/100 Mb card -
    > reconfigure after installation.

    I have tried both the intergrated and the 9-P adapter
    thanks !!!
    > Hajo

+ Reply to Thread