tool to get H/w inventory in AIX - Aix

This is a discussion on tool to get H/w inventory in AIX - Aix ; Hi all, is there any tool to get the hardware inventory for any AIX pSeries server and convert it to excel format?...

  1. tool to get H/w inventory in AIX

    Hi all,

    is there any tool to get the hardware inventory for any AIX pSeries
    server and convert it to excel format?

  2. Re: tool to get H/w inventory in AIX

    On Aug 20, 1:08 am, kavin wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > is there any tool to get the hardware inventory for any AIX pSeries
    > server and convert it to excel format?

    Excel ??? What in the world for? Use cfg2html and put it all in easily
    browseable HTML - indexed even!!

  3. Re: tool to get H/w inventory in AIX

    kavin wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > is there any tool to get the hardware inventory for any AIX pSeries
    > server and convert it to excel format?

    What exactly are you trying to do?

    GG

  4. Re: tool to get H/w inventory in AIX

    On Aug 21, 2:13 am, ken wrote:
    > On Aug 20, 1:08 am, kavin wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all,

    > > is there any tool to get the hardware inventory for any AIX pSeries
    > > server and convert it to excel format?

    > Excel ??? What in the world for? Use cfg2html and put it all in easily
    > browseable HTML - indexed even!!

    haven't found this to be a particularly robust tool myself, but that
    was a year or so ago.

  5. Re: tool to get H/w inventory in AIX

    On Sep 3, 7:55 pm, Henry wrote:
    > On Aug 21, 2:13 am, ken wrote:
    >
    > > On Aug 20, 1:08 am, kavin wrote:

    > > > Hi all,

    > > > is there any tool to get the hardware inventory for any AIX pSeries
    > > > server and convert it to excel format?

    > > Excel ??? What in the world for? Use cfg2html and put it all in easily
    > > browseable HTML - indexed even!!

    > haven't found this to be a particularly robust tool myself, but that
    > was a year or so ago.

    Oh really? I've been happily using cfg2html on AIX for years now with
    no problems. What troubles have you had with it?

+ Reply to Thread