AIX HCL - Aix

This is a discussion on AIX HCL - Aix ; Is there a URL around for the COMPLETE AIX hardware compatibility list? I am mostly concerned with its ability to run on x86 systems versus server type systems such as DEC alpha....

  1. AIX HCL

    Is there a URL around for the COMPLETE AIX hardware compatibility
    list?
    I am mostly concerned with its ability to run on x86 systems versus
    server type systems such as DEC alpha.

  2. Re: AIX HCL

    On Aug 6, 10:12 am, x01001x wrote:
    > Is there a URL around for the COMPLETE AIX hardware compatibility
    > list?
    > I am mostly concerned with its ability to run on x86 systems versus
    > server type systems such as DEC alpha.

    Well, AIX hasn't run on x86 systems since the RT. Don't bother
    googling for that - you don't want it. AIX generally runs only on
    PowerPC systems by IBM or Bull (who makes clones), or the newer POWER5
    and even POWER6 systems.

    Hope this helps...

    Cheers,
    Menno

  3. Re: AIX HCL

    Menno Willemse wrote:
    > On Aug 6, 10:12 am, x01001x wrote:
    >
    >>Is there a URL around for the COMPLETE AIX hardware compatibility
    >>list?
    >>I am mostly concerned with its ability to run on x86 systems versus
    >>server type systems such as DEC alpha.

    > Well, AIX hasn't run on x86 systems since the RT. Don't bother

    No, you mean PS/2, not RT. The RT was the (bloody awful) implementation
    of the 801, the RISC thing.

    > googling for that - you don't want it. AIX generally runs only on
    > PowerPC systems by IBM or Bull (who makes clones), or the newer POWER5
    > and even POWER6 systems.

    Well, it also ran on the S/370, dinnit?

    Cheers,
    Gary B-)