pwdck utility - Aix

This is a discussion on pwdck utility - Aix ; Where does pwdck get the list of user names from when the ALL keyword is used as in: pwdck -n ALL? When I use ALL as the user name keyword, "logintimes" appears as a login name that gets checked. pwdck ...

  1. pwdck utility

    Where does pwdck get the list of user names from when the ALL keyword
    is used as in:
    pwdck -n ALL?

    When I use ALL as the user name keyword, "logintimes" appears as a
    login name that
    gets checked.

    pwdck -n ALL
    3001-412 The user "logintimes" was not found in /etc/passwd.
    The user "logintimes" does not have a stanza in /etc/security/user.

    Thanks

    Tom

  2. Re: pwdck utility

    On Aug 3, 3:23 pm, Tom wrote:
    > Where does pwdck get the list of user names from when the ALL keyword
    > is used as in:
    > pwdck -n ALL?
    >
    > When I use ALL as the user name keyword, "logintimes" appears as a
    > login name that
    > gets checked.
    >
    > pwdck -n ALL
    > 3001-412 The user "logintimes" was not found in /etc/passwd.
    > The user "logintimes" does not have a stanza in /etc/security/user.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tom

    do a
    $ grep ":" /usr/security/passwd