snmp communities aix 5.3 - Aix

This is a discussion on snmp communities aix 5.3 - Aix ; Hi, somebody know how can I put two diferents communities in my / etc/snmpd.conf and both can work at sametime???. I'd tried in /etc/ snmpd.conf something like this: .. .. .. community name_of_community_1 community name_of_community_2 trap name_of_community_1 ip_hosts1 trap name_of_community_2 ...

  1. snmp communities aix 5.3

    Hi, somebody know how can I put two diferents communities in my /
    etc/snmpd.conf and both can work at sametime???. I'd tried in /etc/
    snmpd.conf something like this:

    ..
    ..
    ..
    community name_of_community_1
    community name_of_community_2

    trap name_of_community_1 ip_hosts1
    trap name_of_community_2 ip_hosts2
    ..
    ..
    ..

    Or maybe need to modified another files. Sorry for my bad english.

  2. Re: snmp communities aix 5.3

    markos wrote:
    > Hi, somebody know how can I put two diferents communities in my /
    > etc/snmpd.conf and both can work at sametime???. I'd tried in /etc/
    > snmpd.conf something like this:
    >
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > community name_of_community_1
    > community name_of_community_2
    >
    > trap name_of_community_1 ip_hosts1
    > trap name_of_community_2 ip_hosts2
    > .
    > .
    > .
    >
    > Or maybe need to modified another files. Sorry for my bad english.

    I think AIX 5.3 uses snmp V3 by default,
    so look for the /etc/snmpdv3.conf file.
    If you want to use snmp V1 there is a
    'snmpv3_ssw -1' command which changes
    the start-up scripts to start the snmpd