getting rid of "Last login" output on ssh - Aix

This is a discussion on getting rid of "Last login" output on ssh - Aix ; Is there any way of getting rid of the output when logging in? I have removed user stanzas from /etc/security/lastlog, but they get recreated when they use ssh again. I need an ssh session that does not have the "Last ...

  1. getting rid of "Last login" output on ssh

    Is there any way of getting rid of the output when logging in? I have
    removed user stanzas from /etc/security/lastlog, but they get
    recreated when they use ssh again. I need an ssh session that does
    not have the "Last login:.." and "Last unsuccessful login:..." lines.

    Thanks for the help.

  2. Re: getting rid of "Last login" output on ssh

    On Aug 1, 5:30 pm, glaz...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Is there any way of getting rid of the output when logging in? I

    $ man login
    or
    $ touch ~/.hushlogin

    hth
    Hajo

  3. Re: getting rid of "Last login" output on ssh

    On Aug 1, 10:32 am, Hajo Ehlers wrote:
    > On Aug 1, 5:30 pm, glaz...@gmail.com wrote:> Is there any way of getting rid of the output when logging in? I

    > $ man login
    > or