ssh enforcing rlogin=false - Aix

This is a discussion on ssh enforcing rlogin=false - Aix ; Does anyone know IF it is possible and how to get ssh to enforce the rlogin parameter in /etc/security/user? Thanks Larryboy...

  1. ssh enforcing rlogin=false

    Does anyone know IF it is possible and how to get ssh to enforce the
    rlogin parameter in /etc/security/user?

    Thanks
    Larryboy

  2. Re: ssh enforcing rlogin=false

    On Jul 31, 9:47 am, LarryBoy wrote:
    > Does anyone know IF it is possible and how to get ssh to enforce the
    > rlogin parameter in /etc/security/user?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Larryboy

    try the sshd_config (don't forget to hill -HUP the sshd if you make
    changes)
    there's an bunch of options there including disabling of (SSH) root
    logins

    HTH

  3. Re: ssh enforcing rlogin=false

    On 2007-07-30, LarryBoy wrote:
    > Does anyone know IF it is possible and how to get ssh to enforce the
    > rlogin parameter in /etc/security/user?

    Which software and version are you using?

    If it's OpenSSH, that has enforced rlogin=yes for a long time (at least
    as far back as 3.5p1) as long as it's built with WITH_AIXAUTHENTICATE
    (which should be enabled by default).

    I think that the IBM/Sourceforge binary packages only enforce rlogin=yes
    for interactive sessions, though.

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

  4. Re: ssh enforcing rlogin=false

    Thanks Henry
    using http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/CGI/man-cgi?sshd_config+5
    I found PermitRootLogin can be set to no
    I appreciate the help!
    Larryboy

+ Reply to Thread