AIX LDAP Client Unconfigure - Aix

This is a discussion on AIX LDAP Client Unconfigure - Aix ; Setting up AIX to be an LDAP client is a relative snap. Unfortunately, I Have a box that was moved from one lab to another before it was de- configured and I'm caught in a bit of a bind. Is ...

  1. AIX LDAP Client Unconfigure

    Setting up AIX to be an LDAP client is a relative snap. Unfortunately, I
    Have a box that was moved from one lab to another before it was de-
    configured and I'm caught in a bit of a bind. Is there an easy(ish) way
    from single-user mode to deconfigure the system as an LDAP client? I
    Goggled around. It seems everyone's worried about making an AIX box into
    an LDAP client but noone's thought to go the other way. Unfortunately,
    right now, this box won't boot (and I don't currently have the cycles to
    rebuild the system just to deconfigure LDAP).

    Any way, any help would be much appreciated.

    -tom
    --

    "You can only be -so- accurate with a claw-hammer." --me

  2. Re: AIX LDAP Client Unconfigure

    Well... Let the box just sit in a corner and stew. Eventually it did
    decide to boot. Logged in and was able to do a `mksecldap -c -U` and it
    *appears* to have done the trick. Haven't had time to reboot to see if
    the problem really has gone away, though.

    -tom
    --

    "You can only be -so- accurate with a claw-hammer." --me

+ Reply to Thread