Has anybody compiled mod_auth_kerb on AIX? - Aix

This is a discussion on Has anybody compiled mod_auth_kerb on AIX? - Aix ; We are trying to get our web based apps to accept Windows credentials from the browser, but I figured out that I need an add-on module for Apache (IHS). We have successfully used Centrify's apache module to talk to their ...

  1. Has anybody compiled mod_auth_kerb on AIX?

    We are trying to get our web based apps to accept Windows credentials
    from the browser, but I figured out that I need an add-on module for
    Apache (IHS). We have successfully used Centrify's apache module to
    talk to their client, but that just seems like way too much overhead
    to pass a set of credentials through the web server from a browser. I
    haven't been able to build the mod_auth_kerb module successfully,
    because it doesn't like IBM kerberos libraries. Has anybody else done
    this?

    Thank you so much in advance.

  2. Re: Has anybody compiled mod_auth_kerb on AIX?

    Scott wrote:
    > We are trying to get our web based apps to accept Windows credentials
    > from the browser, but I figured out that I need an add-on module for
    > Apache (IHS). We have successfully used Centrify's apache module to
    > talk to their client, but that just seems like way too much overhead
    > to pass a set of credentials through the web server from a browser. I
    > haven't been able to build the mod_auth_kerb module successfully,
    > because it doesn't like IBM kerberos libraries. Has anybody else done
    > this?

    Try using MIT krb5 instead of the IBM libs.

    What errors do you get when using the IBM libs?

    <

  3. Re: Has anybody compiled mod_auth_kerb on AIX?

    On Jul 21, 8:05 pm, "Christopher D. Clausen" wrote:
    > Scott wrote:
    > > We are trying to get our web based apps to accept Windows credentials
    > > from the browser, but I figured out that I need an add-on module for
    > > Apache (IHS). We have successfully used Centrify's apache module to
    > > talk to their client, but that just seems like way too much overhead
    > > to pass a set of credentials through the web server from a browser. I
    > > haven't been able to build the mod_auth_kerb module successfully,
    > > because it doesn't like IBM kerberos libraries. Has anybody else done
    > > this?

    > Try using MIT krb5 instead of the IBM libs.
    >
    > What errors do you get when using the IBM libs?
    >
    > <

    At the tail end of the configure script I get:

    checking for krb5_init_context in -lkrb5... no
    checking for krb5_init_context in -lkrb5... (cached) no
    checking for krb5_init_context in -lkrb5... (cached) no
    configure: error: No Kerberos enviroment found

    My configure command is:

    CONFIG_SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash CC=xlc ./configure --with-krb5=/usr/
    krb5 --with-apache=/usr/local/apache2 --without-krb4

  4. Re: Has anybody compiled mod_auth_kerb on AIX?

    Scott wrote:
    > On Jul 21, 8:05 pm, "Christopher D. Clausen" wrote:
    >> Scott wrote:
    >>> We are trying to get our web based apps to accept Windows
    >>> credentials from the browser, but I figured out that I need an
    >>> add-on module for Apache (IHS). We have successfully used
    >>> Centrify's apache module to talk to their client, but that just
    >>> seems like way too much overhead to pass a set of credentials
    >>> through the web server from a browser. I haven't been able to
    >>> build the mod_auth_kerb module successfully, because it doesn't
    >>> like IBM kerberos libraries. Has anybody else done this?

    >> Try using MIT krb5 instead of the IBM libs.
    >>
    >> What errors do you get when using the IBM libs?

    > At the tail end of the configure script I get:
    >
    > checking for krb5_init_context in -lkrb5... no
    > checking for krb5_init_context in -lkrb5... (cached) no
    > checking for krb5_init_context in -lkrb5... (cached) no
    > configure: error: No Kerberos enviroment found
    >
    > My configure command is:
    >
    > CONFIG_SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash CC=xlc ./configure --with-krb5=/usr/
    > krb5 --with-apache=/usr/local/apache2 --without-krb4

    Oh, using xlc... I've had problems compiling MIT Kerberos with non-gcc.
    Can you try with gcc? And do you actually have libkrb5 and krb5.h
    files?

    I'd still recomend trying with MIT Kerberos.

    <

  5. Re: Has anybody compiled mod_auth_kerb on AIX?

    On Jul 29, 1:42 am, "Christopher D. Clausen" wrote:
    > Scott wrote:

    > >> Try using MIT krb5 instead of the IBM libs.

    > >> What errors do you get when using the IBM libs?

    > > At the tail end of the configure script I get:

    > > checking for krb5_init_context in -lkrb5... no
    > > checking for krb5_init_context in -lkrb5... (cached) no
    > > checking for krb5_init_context in -lkrb5... (cached) no
    > > configure: error: No Kerberos enviroment found

    > > My configure command is:

    > > CONFIG_SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash CC=xlc ./configure --with-krb5=/usr/
    > > krb5 --with-apache=/usr/local/apache2 --without-krb4

    > Oh, using xlc... I've had problems compiling MIT Kerberos with non-gcc.
    > Can you try with gcc? And do you actually have libkrb5 and krb5.h
    > files?
    >
    > I'd still recomend trying with MIT Kerberos.
    >
    > < >

    Tried to compile MIT Kerberos. I am getting this:

    make[3]: Entering directory `/scratch/krb5-1.6.2/src/lib/rpc/unit-
    test'
    gcc -I../../../include -I./../../../include -I. -DKRB5_DEPRECATED=1 -
    DKRB5_PRIVATE=1 -g -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wcast-qual -Wcast-
    align -Wconversion -Wshadow -pedantic -D_THREAD_SAFE -c client.c
    client.c:9: warning: 'rcsid' defined but not used
    gcc -I../../../include -I./../../../include -I. -DKRB5_DEPRECATED=1 -
    DKRB5_PRIVATE=1 -g -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wcast-qual -Wcast-
    align -Wconversion -Wshadow -pedantic -D_THREAD_SAFE -c
    rpc_test_clnt.c
    gcc -L../../../lib -Wl,-blibpath:/usr/local/lib::/usr/lib:/lib -g -O2 -
    Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wconversion -
    Wshadow -pedantic -D_THREAD_SAFE -o client client.o rpc_test_clnt.o
    \
    -lgssrpc -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -
    lkrb5support -lpthreads
    ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l k5crypto
    ldpen(): A file or directory in the path name does not
    exist.
    ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l com_err
    ldpen(): A file or directory in the path name does not
    exist.
    ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l krb5support
    ldpen(): A file or directory in the path name does not
    exist.
    collect2: ld returned 255 exit status
    make[3]: *** [client] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/scratch/krb5-1.6.2/src/lib/rpc/unit-test'
    make[2]: *** [all-recurse] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/scratch/krb5-1.6.2/src/lib/rpc'
    make[1]: *** [all-recurse] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/scratch/krb5-1.6.2/src/lib'
    make: *** [all-recurse] Error 1
    Even when I use the "configure" line of "LD=/usr/local/bin/ld
    CONFIG_SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash CC=gcc ./configure --without-krb4"

    It still wants to use the AIX linker.