Expansion pack: HTTP server ? - Aix

This is a discussion on Expansion pack: HTTP server ? - Aix ; Hi, Running v 5.3, I want to install the HTTP server from the Expansion Pack for remote access of WSM. But when I list the softwarelist using smitty, I don't see HTTP server in it. Which package should I install? ...

  1. Expansion pack: HTTP server ?

    Hi,

    Running v 5.3, I want to install the HTTP server from the Expansion Pack
    for remote access of WSM. But when I list the softwarelist using smitty,
    I don't see HTTP server in it. Which package should I install? And which
    port does WSM use?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Expansion pack: HTTP server ?

    Huub wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Running v 5.3, I want to install the HTTP server from the Expansion Pack
    > for remote access of WSM. But when I list the softwarelist using smitty,
    > I don't see HTTP server in it. Which package should I install? And which
    > port does WSM use?
    >
    > Thanks

    The "IBM HTTP Server" is in the ismp/ppc/IHS2 subdirectory on my
    (older) copy of the expansion pack CD. I it is displayed by
    'smit install_selectable_all' as "IHS2".

    You can download a later level (IHS6.1) from:
    http://www.ibm.com/software/webservers/httpservers/
    but I haven't used that with WSM.

    Paul Landay

  3. Re: Expansion pack: HTTP server ?

    > The "IBM HTTP Server" is in the ismp/ppc/IHS2 subdirectory on my
    > (older) copy of the expansion pack CD. I it is displayed by
    > 'smit install_selectable_all' as "IHS2".
    >
    > You can download a later level (IHS6.1) from:
    > http://www.ibm.com/software/webservers/httpservers/
    > but I haven't used that with WSM.
    >
    > Paul Landay

    Thank you.