Recognizing the rexec call on the server - Aix

This is a discussion on Recognizing the rexec call on the server - Aix ; Hello everybody, Is this possible to be automatically notified when rexec on the server is called? I mean I'd like to be notified (by an interrupt, hook, anyhow) when a remote computer starts the executing of "rexec" on my AIX ...

  1. Recognizing the rexec call on the server

    Hello everybody,

    Is this possible to be automatically notified when rexec on the server is
    called? I mean I'd like to be notified (by an interrupt, hook, anyhow) when
    a remote computer starts the executing of "rexec" on my AIX server. Then I
    could either let him to do it or deny. Is there a possibility to use any
    system hooks or something like that?

    TIA,
    Jack.

  2. Re: Recognizing the rexec call on the server

    On Jul 16, 1:37 am, JJ wrote:
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > Is this possible to be automatically notified when rexec on the server is
    > called? I mean I'd like to be notified (by an interrupt, hook, anyhow) when
    > a remote computer starts the executing of "rexec" on my AIX server. Then I
    > could either let him to do it or deny. Is there a possibility to use any
    > system hooks or something like that?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Jack.

    look into tcp wrappers, I believe it's included on the expansion
    pack. You should be able to tie it in with syslog as well for logging.

+ Reply to Thread