IBM Reserved File - Aix

This is a discussion on IBM Reserved File - Aix ; Back in 1995 a fellow in trouble made this post: http://groups.google.com/group/comp....11596bba4e55aa I have the same problem in 2007. Anyone have an answer? CT...

  1. IBM Reserved File

    Back in 1995 a fellow in trouble made this post:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....11596bba4e55aa

    I have the same problem in 2007. Anyone have an answer?

    CT

  2. Re: IBM Reserved File

    Tim Knight schrieb:
    > Back in 1995 a fellow in trouble made this post:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....11596bba4e55aa
    >
    > I have the same problem in 2007. Anyone have an answer?

    He didn't got in answer, because he didn't know what the question is.

    Possible answers: tar, pax, cpio, restore
    what the correct answer is, depends on how the tape was created.

    Guess: a smitty created system backup was in tar format on AIX 3

    HTH

    --
    Uli

  3. Re: IBM Reserved File

    you will want to id the tape format as detailled above .. this doc
    will help you do so:

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en

    HTH
    Mark Taylor

  4. Re: IBM Reserved File

    On Jul 18, 5:40 am, Mark Taylor wrote:
    > you will want to id the tape format as detailled above .. this doc
    > will help you do so:
    >
    > http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=SWG10&q1=tar+...
    >
    > HTH
    > Mark Taylor

    Thank you Mark.....

    I just printed out the pages to use for a guide and am going to give
    it a whack later today.....

    CT

+ Reply to Thread