INTRPPC_ERR on a F50 running aix 4.3 - Aix

This is a discussion on INTRPPC_ERR on a F50 running aix 4.3 - Aix ; I've recently started getting INTRPCC_ERR's on an old (but important!) aix 4.3 box. They dont seem to correspond to anything else and the box seems to be working normally. I found a way to lookup the BUS NUMBER via odmget ...

  1. INTRPPC_ERR on a F50 running aix 4.3

    I've recently started getting INTRPCC_ERR's on an old (but important!)
    aix 4.3 box. They dont seem to correspond to anything else and the
    box seems to be working normally. I found a way to lookup the BUS
    NUMBER via odmget -q value= CuAt, but that didn't return anything
    for me. Also looking for the interrupt number via lsresource didn't
    give any matches either. And diag/Advanced Diagnostics/Problem
    Determination didn't find any trouble.

    Any other suggestions on how to track this down?

    Thanks,

    LABEL: INTRPPC_ERR
    IDENTIFIER: DADF69E4

    Date/Time: Wed Jul 11 08:51:41
    Sequence Number: 735309
    Machine Id: 000247824C00
    Node Id: scully
    Class: H
    Type: UNKN
    Resource Name: SYSINTR
    Resource Class: NONE
    Resource Type: NONE
    Location: NONE

    Description
    UNDETERMINED ERROR

    Probable Causes
    SYSTEM I/O BUS
    SOFTWARE PROGRAM
    ADAPTER
    DEVICE

    Recommended Actions
    PERFORM PROBLEM DETERMINATION PROCEDURES

    Detail Data
    BUS NUMBER
    0000 00C0
    INTERRUPT LEVEL
    0000 0005

  2. Re: INTRPPC_ERR on a F50 running aix 4.3

    On Jul 12, 12:00 pm, hobie744 wrote:
    > I've recently started getting INTRPCC_ERR's on an old (but important!)
    > aix 4.3 box. They dont seem to correspond to anything else and the
    > box seems to be working normally. I found a way to lookup the BUS
    > NUMBER via odmget -q value= CuAt, but that didn't return anything
    > for me. Also looking for the interrupt number via lsresource didn't
    > give any matches either. And diag/Advanced Diagnostics/Problem
    > Determination didn't find any trouble.
    >
    > Any other suggestions on how to track this down?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > LABEL: INTRPPC_ERR
    > IDENTIFIER: DADF69E4
    >
    > Date/Time: Wed Jul 11 08:51:41
    > Sequence Number: 735309
    > Machine Id: 000247824C00
    > Node Id: scully
    > Class: H
    > Type: UNKN
    > Resource Name: SYSINTR
    > Resource Class: NONE
    > Resource Type: NONE
    > Location: NONE
    >
    > Description
    > UNDETERMINED ERROR
    >
    > Probable Causes
    > SYSTEM I/O BUS
    > SOFTWARE PROGRAM
    > ADAPTER
    > DEVICE
    >
    > Recommended Actions
    > PERFORM PROBLEM DETERMINATION PROCEDURES
    >
    > Detail Data
    > BUS NUMBER
    > 0000 00C0
    > INTERRUPT LEVEL
    > 0000 0005

    convert the bus number from hex, then look for that value in `ls -l /
    dev`

  3. Re: INTRPPC_ERR on a F50 running aix 4.3

    On Jul 12, 1:15 pm, a...@mail.com wrote:
    > On Jul 12, 12:00 pm, hobie744 wrote:
    >

    > > I've recently started getting INTRPCC_ERR's on an old (but important!)
    > > aix 4.3 box. They dont seem to correspond to anything else and the
    > > box seems to be working normally. I found a way to lookup the BUS
    > > NUMBER via odmget -q value= CuAt, but that didn't return anything
    > > for me. Also looking for the interrupt number via lsresource didn't
    > > give any matches either. And diag/Advanced Diagnostics/Problem
    > > Determination didn't find any trouble.

    > > Any other suggestions on how to track this down?

    > > Thanks,

    > > LABEL: INTRPPC_ERR
    > > IDENTIFIER: DADF69E4

    > > Date/Time: Wed Jul 11 08:51:41
    > > Sequence Number: 735309
    > > Machine Id: 000247824C00
    > > Node Id: scully
    > > Class: H
    > > Type: UNKN
    > > Resource Name: SYSINTR
    > > Resource Class: NONE
    > > Resource Type: NONE
    > > Location: NONE

    > > Description
    > > UNDETERMINED ERROR

    > > Probable Causes
    > > SYSTEM I/O BUS
    > > SOFTWARE PROGRAM
    > > ADAPTER
    > > DEVICE

    > > Recommended Actions
    > > PERFORM PROBLEM DETERMINATION PROCEDURES

    > > Detail Data
    > > BUS NUMBER
    > > 0000 00C0
    > > INTERRUPT LEVEL
    > > 0000 0005

    > convert the bus number from hex, then look for that value in `ls -l /
    > dev`

    .... but it is more than likely a device driver issue rather than the
    device itself.

  4. Re: INTRPPC_ERR on a F50 running aix 4.3

    > > convert the bus number from hex, then look for that value in `ls -l /
    > > dev`

    no matches there. i actually found a match, in lsresource. I was
    looking for bus_intr_lvl (as per some comments i found), but there is
    a busintr line in lsresource output that says 5 is my ent1 device.

    > ... but it is more than likely a device driver issue rather than the
    > device itself.

    I don't think it's a driver problem. Nothing has been upgraded on
    this box since 2002 and it's been up 378 days. The errors just
    started appearing 3 months ago.

  5. Re: INTRPPC_ERR on a F50 running aix 4.3

    On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:00:39 -0700, hobie744
    wrote:
    Here's how to map the error information to a specific adapter. Let's
    do that first.

    >Detail Data
    >BUS NUMBER
    >0000 00C0
    >INTERRUPT LEVEL
    >0000 0005

    Example:

    Detail Data
    BUS NUMBER
    0000 00C0
    INTERRUPT LEVEL
    0000 0003

    lsresource -al pci0 | grep 0x000000C0
    --> O pci0 0x8d5c_5 0x000000c0 - 0x000000df

    lsresource -al pci0 | grep 3 | grep bus_intr_lvl
    --> N sa1 bus_intr_lvl 3

+ Reply to Thread