looking for list of fixes in 5.1 ML09 - Aix

This is a discussion on looking for list of fixes in 5.1 ML09 - Aix ; Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can point me at an easy to use list of AIX5.1 TL's and the fixes they included, level by level? Or, ultimatley I'm trying to figure out which fix and TL solves the openSSH getnameinfo ...

  1. looking for list of fixes in 5.1 ML09

    Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can point me at an easy to use list of
    AIX5.1 TL's and the fixes they included, level by level?

    Or, ultimatley I'm trying to figure out which fix and TL solves the
    openSSH

    getnameinfo failed: Invalid argument
    getnameinfo failed: Invalid argument
    Cannot bind any address.

    problem trying to start sshd. I have seen reports of others with the
    issue fixing it by moving to TL9. I'm trying to track down which fix
    actually fixes the issue.

    Thanks,

    MAtt.

  2. Re: looking for list of fixes in 5.1 ML09

    On Jul 11, 4:52 pm, MattWarren wrote:
    > Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can point me at an easy to use list of
    > AIX5.1 TL's and the fixes they included, level by level?
    >
    > Or, ultimatley I'm trying to figure out which fix and TL solves the
    > openSSH
    >
    > getnameinfo failed: Invalid argument
    > getnameinfo failed: Invalid argument
    > Cannot bind any address.
    >
    > problem trying to start sshd. I have seen reports of others with the
    > issue fixing it by moving to TL9. I'm trying to track down which fix
    > actually fixes the issue.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > MAtt.

    An
    $ instfix -d ./ml09 -a | grep getnameinfo
    did not show any result regarding getnameinfo

    So it might be fixed silently

    hth
    Hajo

  3. Re: looking for list of fixes in 5.1 ML09

    Matt
    I am not sure IBM actual 'supports' ssh

    > lslpp -w /usr/bin/ssh

    File Fileset
    Type

    /usr/bin/ssh openssh.base.client
    File

    [> lslpp -l openssh.base.client
    Fileset Level State Description

    openssh.base.client 3.8.0.0 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell
    Commands

    openssh.base.client 3.8.0.0 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell
    Commands
    > oslevel -r

    5100-04

    we do not have aproblem with this level of ssh but the 3.8 versioning
    of a fileset on AIX 5100-04 might mena its not 'officially supported"
    I found Denise Genty's name on http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/es...h_updated.html.
    You might send her an email at genty@us.ibm.com to seek direction if
    you have not already resolvedthe problem?
    your humble servant

+ Reply to Thread