IDE Integrated Development Environment - Aix

This is a discussion on IDE Integrated Development Environment - Aix ; Hi, i would like to start a little bit of programming ( C/C++ & Python ) on AIX but i like in this case a graphical development environment. Does any exist for AIX - if not what is a good ...

  1. IDE Integrated Development Environment

    Hi,
    i would like to start a little bit of programming ( C/C++ & Python )
    on AIX but i like in this case a graphical development environment.
    Does any exist for AIX - if not what is a good one for linux ?

    tia
    Hajo

  2. Re: IDE Integrated Development Environment

    On Jul 6, 1:05 pm, Hajo Ehlers wrote:
    > Hi,
    > i would like to start a little bit of programming ( C/C++ & Python )
    > on AIX but i like in this case a graphical development environment.
    > Does any exist for AIX - if not what is a good one for linux ?
    >
    > tia
    > Hajo

    Not very sophisticated, but for C on AIX I write in emacs with syntax
    highlighting and debug in gcc/gdb, which has an X client.
    -- S

  3. Re: IDE Integrated Development Environment

    Hi,

    I've been using Eclipse for a while (I use the addons for Python,
    Perl, Subversion, and recently C/C++)
    Quite a useful Java based IDE if you don't mind a heavy weight
    tool :-)

    http://www.eclipse.org/

    I've also started to learn C/C++ and found a very good flash based
    tutorial called Thinking in C, from Bruce Eckel's website:

    http://mindview.net/CDs/ThinkingInC/beta3

    I found it extremely useful!

    Good luck...

    On Jul 6, 7:05 pm, Hajo Ehlers wrote:
    > Hi,
    > i would like to start a little bit of programming ( C/C++ & Python )
    > on AIX but i like in this case a graphical development environment.
    > Does any exist for AIX - if not what is a good one for linux ?
    >
    > tia
    > Hajo

+ Reply to Thread