LPAR boot-time - Aix

This is a discussion on LPAR boot-time - Aix ; Hello, When an LPAR boots, it gets a timestamp somehow - from the underlying hardware, I guess. How can the clock of the underlying hardware be adjusted? -- Regards, Troels Arvin http://troels.arvin.dk/...

  1. LPAR boot-time

    --
    Regards,
    Troels Arvin

  2. Re: LPAR boot-time

    Hi,

    > When an LPAR boots, it gets a timestamp somehow - from the underlying
    > hardware, I guess. How can the clock of the underlying hardware be
    > adjusted?

    If you're using an HMC, the system time can be adjusted in the Web ASM
    Menu.

  3. Re: LPAR boot-time

    On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 01:32:00 -0700, rmwindows wrote:
    >> When an LPAR boots, it gets a timestamp somehow - from the underlying
    >> hardware, I guess. How can the clock of the underlying hardware be
    >> adjusted?

    > If you're using an HMC, the system time can be adjusted in the Web ASM
    > Menu.

    OK, if I do that, will it then affect the clock on LPARs which are
    already running, or will it only affect LPARs booted after the HMC clock
    adjustment?

    --
    Regards,
    Troels Arvin