mistery mail ROOT - Aix

This is a discussion on mistery mail ROOT - Aix ; Hello All, in the past few days i have been getting emails from root, this job used run in cron where it warns me if there's a filesystem that's over 95%.. but commented this job in cron, but it still ...

  1. mistery mail ROOT

    Hello All,

    in the past few days i have been getting emails from root, this job
    used run in cron where it warns me if there's a filesystem that's over
    95%.. but commented this job in cron, but it still shoots out the
    email...is there a place where i can clear out the outgoing mail in
    AIX?

    Thanks
    PINOY

  2. Re: mistery mail ROOT

    On Jul 6, 4:15 am, pinoy2ser wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > in the past few days i have been getting emails from root, this job
    > used run in cron where it warns me if there's a filesystem that's over
    > 95%.. but commented this job in cron, but it still shoots out the
    > email...is there a place where i can clear out the outgoing mail in
    > AIX?
    >
    > Thanks
    > PINOY

    did you edit using crontab -e an not using any other editor ?

  3. Re: mistery mail ROOT

    On Jul 5, 2:15 pm, pinoy2ser wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > in the past few days i have been getting emails from root, this job
    > used run in cron where it warns me if there's a filesystem that's over
    > 95%.. but commented this job in cron, but it still shoots out the
    > email...is there a place where i can clear out the outgoing mail in
    > AIX?
    >
    > Thanks
    > PINOY

    /var/spool/mqueue

  4. Re: mistery mail ROOT

    On Jul 6, 11:01 am, c00p wrote:
    > On Jul 5, 2:15 pm, pinoy2ser wrote:
    >
    > > Hello All,

    > > in the past few days i have been getting emails from root, this job
    > > used run in cron where it warns me if there's a filesystem that's over
    > > 95%.. but commented this job in cron, but it still shoots out the
    > > email...is there a place where i can clear out the outgoing mail in
    > > AIX?

    > > Thanks
    > > PINOY

    > /var/spool/mqueue