HP QLA2200 under AIX - Aix

This is a discussion on HP QLA2200 under AIX - Aix ; Hello, I have QLA2200 1GB FC card hp number: 197819-b21, this card is HP make card, made to work in IBM AIX servers. Problem is that i cannot make it work under AIX, I cant load drivers. Can anyone assist ...

  1. HP QLA2200 under AIX

    Hello,

    I have QLA2200 1GB FC card hp number: 197819-b21, this card is HP make card,
    made to work in IBM AIX servers.
    Problem is that i cannot make it work under AIX, I cant load drivers. Can
    anyone assist ?
    I found drivers on HP website but i cannot find a way to apply them right in
    AIX.
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...reg_R1002_USEN

    Regards
    Stanslaw Zakrzewski
    stan@powercore.co.uk

  2. Re: HP QLA2200 under AIX

    On 4 Jun., 16:19, "Stanislaw Zakrzewski" wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have QLA2200 1GB FC card hp number: 197819-b21, this card is HP make card,
    > made to work in IBM AIX servers.
    > Problem is that i cannot make it work under AIX, I cant load drivers. Can
    > anyone assist ?
    > I found drivers on HP website but i cannot find a way to apply them right in
    > AIX.http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...areDescription....
    >
    > Regards
    > Stanslaw Zakrzewski
    > s...@powercore.co.uk

    You should read
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/su...4/lpg29504.pdf

    Basic step:
    cp PC1000.image /tmp/drivers
    cd /tmp/drivers
    inutoc .
    installp -d . -ac PC1000.image ALL
    cfgmgr
    bosboot -ad /dev/ipldevice

    hth
    Hajo

  3. Re: HP QLA2200 under AIX

    > http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/su...4/lpg29504.pdf
    >

    > Basic step:
    > cp PC1000.image /tmp/drivers
    > cd /tmp/drivers
    > inutoc .
    > installp -d . -ac PC1000.image ALL
    > cfgmgr
    > bosboot -ad /dev/ipldevice
    >
    > hth
    > Hajo

    Thank you, in fact it was quite straight forward ( but i dont know why tere
    is step 3 and why there is dot in point 7 before ALL, that created whole
    confusion )
    Thanks anyway.

    Procedure from the book
    3. To change directories to the location of the driver, enter the following
    command:

    7. Install the driver by entering the following command:

    #installp -acd PC1000.image.all

    Thanks, this one is sorted
    Stanislaw

+ Reply to Thread