aix 5.3 unable to access hard drive - Aix

This is a discussion on aix 5.3 unable to access hard drive - Aix ; Hi : I asm running AIX 5.3 on a rs/6000, 44p system. It was installed before but I attempted to format the drive and stopped . Well it shows as a drive it is defined, it is available but I ...

  1. aix 5.3 unable to access hard drive

    Hi :
    I asm running AIX 5.3 on a rs/6000, 44p system. It was installed
    before but I attempted to format the drive and stopped .

    Well it shows as a drive it is defined, it is available but I cannot
    access the drive.

    Any ideas

    Tried cfgmgr -v, chdev -l hdisk0 -a pv=yes, removing and reinstalling
    the disk nothing works

    Alan

  2. Re: aix 5.3 unable to access hard drive

    On Jun 1, 12:32 pm, al wrote:
    > Hi :
    > I asm running AIX 5.3 on a rs/6000, 44p system. It was installed
    > before but I attempted to format the drive and stopped .
    >
    > Well it shows as a drive it is defined, it is available but I cannot
    > access the drive.
    >
    > Any ideas
    >
    > Tried cfgmgr -v, chdev -l hdisk0 -a pv=yes, removing and reinstalling
    > the disk nothing works
    >
    > Alan

    Try rmdev then cfgmgr

  3. Re: aix 5.3 unable to access hard drive

    On Jun 1, 4:51 pm, Dave wrote:
    > On Jun 1, 12:32 pm, al wrote:
    >
    > > Hi :
    > > I asm running AIX 5.3 on a rs/6000, 44p system. It was installed
    > > before but I attempted to format the drive and stopped .

    > > Well it shows as a drive it is defined, it is available but I cannot
    > > access the drive.

    > > Any ideas

    > > Tried cfgmgr -v, chdev -l hdisk0 -a pv=yes, removing and reinstalling
    > > the disk nothing works

    > > Alan

    > Try rmdev then cfgmgr

    Hi:
    Yes I have tried this and the same problem exists

  4. Re: aix 5.3 unable to access hard drive

    al schrieb:
    > Hi :
    > I asm running AIX 5.3 on a rs/6000, 44p system. It was installed
    > before but I attempted to format the drive and stopped .
    >
    > Well it shows as a drive it is defined, it is available but I cannot
    > access the drive.
    >
    > Any ideas
    >
    > Tried cfgmgr -v, chdev -l hdisk0 -a pv=yes, removing and reinstalling
    > the disk nothing works
    >
    > Alan

    What exactly did you do. Is the system still booting or not. What says
    'lsvg -l', 'lspv', 'lsdev -Cc disk', 'lqueryvg -Atp hdisk0'?

    Patrick

+ Reply to Thread