TTY_OVERRUN errors - Aix

This is a discussion on TTY_OVERRUN errors - Aix ; The following error is occurring 7 to 10 on every minute. Anybody has know about the error. Is it a hardware related issue or can I do something with the configuration? LABEL: TTY_OVERRUN IDENTIFIER: 9D30B78E Date/Time: Fri Jun 1 14:05:07 ...

  1. TTY_OVERRUN errors

    The following error is occurring 7 to 10 on every minute. Anybody has
    know about the error. Is it a hardware related issue or can I do
    something with the configuration?

    LABEL: TTY_OVERRUN
    IDENTIFIER: 9D30B78E

    Date/Time: Fri Jun 1 14:05:07 PAKST 2007
    Sequence Number: 101863
    Machine Id: 00589C6C4C00
    Node Id:
    Class: S
    Type: TEMP
    Resource Name: tty0

    Description
    RECEIVER OVER-RUN ON INPUT

    Failure Causes
    EXCESSIVE LOAD ON PROCESSOR

    Recommended Actions
    REDUCE SYSTEM LOAD.
    REDUCE SERIAL PORT BAUD RATE

    Duplicates
    Number of duplicates
    1
    Time of first duplicate
    Fri Jun 1 14:04:43 PAKST 2007
    Time of last duplicate
    Fri Jun 1 14:05:07 PAKST 2007

  2. Re: TTY_OVERRUN errors

    Is there a terminal attached to tty0? If not disconnect the cable
    at the concentrator. This is caused by electrical noise on the receive
    signal line.

    Regards,
    Jerry M.

    haroonnawaz@yahoo.com wrote:
    > The following error is occurring 7 to 10 on every minute. Anybody has
    > know about the error. Is it a hardware related issue or can I do
    > something with the configuration?

    > LABEL: TTY_OVERRUN
    > IDENTIFIER: 9D30B78E

    > Date/Time: Fri Jun 1 14:05:07 PAKST 2007
    > Sequence Number: 101863
    > Machine Id: 00589C6C4C00
    > Node Id:
    > Class: S