list of port numbers - Aix

This is a discussion on list of port numbers - Aix ; 5.2ML7 how do I find a listing of port numbers and if they are available or not?...

  1. list of port numbers

    5.2ML7 how do I find a listing of port numbers and if they are
    available or not?

  2. Re: list of port numbers

    While stranded on information super highway balvey@comcast.net wrote:
    > 5.2ML7 how do I find a listing of port numbers and if they are
    > available or not?

    You can start with /etc/services file. It lists well known ports.
    Some applications (e.g. DB2) will add entry to the file so you know whihc
    ports are used by DB2, other applications do not do that.

    If you want to see which ports are currently in use, then use netstat
    command.

    --
    Hemant Shah /"\ ASCII ribbon campaign
    E-mail: NoJunkMailshah@xnet.com \ / ---------------------

  3. Re: list of port numbers

    On May 31, 9:28 am, Hemant Shah wrote:
    > While stranded on information super highway bal...@comcast.net wrote:
    >
    > > 5.2ML7 how do I find a listing of port numbers and if they are
    > > available or not?

    > You can start with /etc/services file. It lists well known ports.
    > Some applications (e.g. DB2) will add entry to the file so you know whihc
    > ports are used by DB2, other applications do not do that.
    >
    > If you want to see which ports are currently in use, then use netstat
    > command.
    >
    > --
    > Hemant Shah /"\ ASCII ribbon campaign
    > E-mail: NoJunkMails...@xnet.com \ / ---------------------
    > X against HTML mail
    > TO REPLY, REMOVE NoJunkMail / \ and postings
    > FROM MY E-MAIL ADDRESS.
    > -----------------[DO NOT SEND UNSOLICITED BULK E-MAIL]------------------
    > I haven't lost my mind, Above opinions are mine only.
    > it's backed up on tape somewhere. Others can have their own.

    Or if your question was more general, look at the IANA registered port
    list:

    -tony

  4. Re: list of port numbers

    On May 31, 9:28 am, Hemant Shah wrote:
    > While stranded on information super highway bal...@comcast.net wrote:
    >
    > > 5.2ML7 how do I find a listing of port numbers and if they are
    > > available or not?

    > You can start with /etc/services file. It lists well known ports.
    > Some applications (e.g. DB2) will add entry to the file so you know whihc
    > ports are used by DB2, other applications do not do that.
    >
    > If you want to see which ports are currently in use, then use netstat
    > command.
    >
    > --
    > Hemant Shah /"\ ASCII ribbon campaign
    > E-mail: NoJunkMails...@xnet.com \ / ---------------------
    > X against HTML mail
    > TO REPLY, REMOVE NoJunkMail / \ and postings
    > FROM MY E-MAIL ADDRESS.
    > -----------------[DO NOT SEND UNSOLICITED BULK E-MAIL]------------------
    > I haven't lost my mind, Above opinions are mine only.
    > it's backed up on tape somewhere. Others can have their own.

    Or if your question was more general, look at the IANA registered port
    list:

    -tony

  5. Re: list of port numbers

    balvey@comcast.net wrote:
    > 5.2ML7 how do I find a listing of port numbers and if they are
    > available or not?

    Look in /etc/services

+ Reply to Thread