How to send a mail with a attachment - Aix

This is a discussion on How to send a mail with a attachment - Aix ; I think it's a easy question, but I don't know how to do it. In AIX platform, I want to send a file to users. I want to send it as a attachment. I am not sure which command can ...

  1. How to send a mail with a attachment

    I think it's a easy question, but I don't know how to do it.

    In AIX platform, I want to send a file to users. I want to send it as
    a attachment. I am not sure which command can do it easily, such as
    sendmail or mailx, etc.

    Thanks in advance!

    James

  2. Re: How to send a mail with a attachment

    On May 30, 7:27 am, James wrote:
    > I think it's a easy question, but I don't know how to do it.
    >
    > In AIX platform, I want to send a file to users. I want to send it as
    > a attachment. I am not sure which command can do it easily, such as
    > sendmail or mailx, etc.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > James

    you have many options, although none of them come as standard .. you
    can do an in-line with uuencode, but this is not an attachment as
    such.

    take a look here --> http://www.panix.com/~kylet/unix-att.html

    mutt is pretty good, I have used this in the past and also the
    uuencode method ..

    HTH
    Mark Taylor

+ Reply to Thread