Who -u Command Output with 'old' in 'activity' Field - Aix

This is a discussion on Who -u Command Output with 'old' in 'activity' Field - Aix ; How do you get rid of entries that show up with 'old' in the 'activity' field? The PID's for these entries do not exist....

  1. Who -u Command Output with 'old' in 'activity' Field

    How do you get rid of entries that show up with 'old' in the
    'activity' field? The PID's for these entries do not exist.

  2. Re: Who -u Command Output with 'old' in 'activity' Field

    On 29 Mai, 17:57, "jdmas...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > How do you get rid of entries that show up with 'old' in the
    > 'activity' field? The PID's for these entries do not exist.

    use who -i to find the pids.

    hth
    andreas

  3. Re: Who -u Command Output with 'old' in 'activity' Field

    On May 30, 2:13 am, Andreas Schulze wrote:
    > On 29 Mai, 17:57, "jdmas...@gmail.com" wrote:
    >
    > > How do you get rid of entries that show up with 'old' in the
    > > 'activity' field? The PID's for these entries do not exist.

    > use who -i to find the pids.
    >
    > hth
    > andreas

    Sorry for the confusion, but the PID numbers for these entries do show
    up, but a grep on them returns nothing.

  4. Re: Who -u Command Output with 'old' in 'activity' Field

    On 30 Mai, 15:41, "jdmas...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > On May 30, 2:13 am, Andreas Schulze wrote:
    >
    > > On 29 Mai, 17:57, "jdmas...@gmail.com" wrote:

    > > > How do you get rid of entries that show up with 'old' in the
    > > > 'activity' field? The PID's for these entries do not exist.

    > > use who -i to find the pids.

    > > hth
    > > andreas

    > Sorry for the confusion, but the PID numbers for these entries do show
    > up, but a grep on them returns nothing.

    Maybe some problem with your grep syntax? A q&d test on AIX 4.3.3 and
    5.3.0.0-05 with
    # who -i | awk '{print $7}' | while read pid; do ps -ef | grep $pid
    fills my terminal with the related information quite nicely....

+ Reply to Thread