Creating a list of privileged users - Aix

This is a discussion on Creating a list of privileged users - Aix ; Hello Group, I have to create a list of all userids on AIX that have privileged access (ie: su, root, etc). I know I have to look at the /etc/ password and /etc/group files. Its been a long time since ...

  1. Creating a list of privileged users

    Hello Group,

    I have to create a list of all userids on AIX that have privileged
    access (ie: su, root, etc). I know I have to look at the /etc/
    password and /etc/group files. Its been a long time since I had to
    work on a AIX system.

    What is the best way to create the report to a text file? I know
    there is grep and cat commands but my unix skills are rusty.

    Mack

  2. Re: Creating a list of privileged users

    On May 28, 2:18 pm, Mack wrote:
    > Hello Group,
    >
    > I have to create a list of all userids on AIX that have privileged
    > access (ie: su, root, etc). I know I have to look at the /etc/
    > password and /etc/group files. Its been a long time since I had to
    > work on a AIX system.
    >
    > What is the best way to create the report to a text file? I know
    > there is grep and cat commands but my unix skills are rusty.
    >
    > Mack

    This is for an AIX 5.3 system

  3. Re: Creating a list of privileged users

    You probably want to take a look at /etc/security/user in the man
    pages to see exacly what info you require.

    Also, you may want to check which groups and each userid (some admins
    give "0" uid to users other than root .. bad bad bad, but worth
    checking"

    This should help, but like I said, you need to understand what they
    mean, so look at the man pages.

    lsuser -a id pgrp groups su sugroups admin admgroups ALL

    HTH
    Mark Taylor

+ Reply to Thread