how do i install openldap on aix? - Aix

This is a discussion on how do i install openldap on aix? - Aix ; How do I install openldap on aix 5.3? I can't find a pre-compiled intallp'able file anywhere. I downloaded the source code, but the compile instructions are vague, and it has a lot of command line options for their configure script ...

  1. how do i install openldap on aix?

    How do I install openldap on aix 5.3? I can't find a pre-compiled
    intallp'able file anywhere. I downloaded the source code, but the
    compile instructions are vague, and it has a lot of command line
    options for their configure script that I have no idea what they do or
    whether I should use them. I ran the configure script with no options
    and got this after about 5 or 10 minutes: configure: error: BDB/HDB:
    BerkeleyDB not available. Any ideas on getting an install version or
    real documentation for the compile process of the source code if the
    install version is unavailable?

  2. Re: how do i install openldap on aix?

    KegHead wrote:
    > How do I install openldap on aix 5.3? I can't find a pre-compiled
    > intallp'able file anywhere. I downloaded the source code, but the
    > compile instructions are vague, and it has a lot of command line
    > options for their configure script that I have no idea what they do or
    > whether I should use them. I ran the configure script with no options
    > and got this after about 5 or 10 minutes: configure: error: BDB/HDB:
    > BerkeleyDB not available. Any ideas on getting an install version or
    > real documentation for the compile process of the source code if the
    > install version is unavailable?

    Do install BerkeleyDB.
    http://www.oracle.com/database/berkeley-db.html

+ Reply to Thread