p520 and ibm3151 console/HMC console - Aix

This is a discussion on p520 and ibm3151 console/HMC console - Aix ; Hi, some time ago I installed p520 with monitor, keyboard and mouse attached. In the mean time we get HMC and connect all other p series ( p570, p550 ) to this hmc. Now I would like to connect p520 ...

  1. p520 and ibm3151 console/HMC console

    Hi,

    some time ago I installed p520 with monitor, keyboard and mouse
    attached. In the mean time we get HMC
    and connect all other p series ( p570, p550 ) to this hmc. Now I would
    like to connect p520 to. I manage to add this p520 to "Menaged
    systems" like all other p5xx, but when I try to "Open terminal window"
    i get
    "Open in progress" and after few minutes I get "Error in communication
    path to the partition". On all other partitions I get terminals
    without problem. And I can connect to this aix from HMC->Console->Open
    Terminal, so ethernet communication work. So after that I tried to
    connect old terminal ( ibm3151 ) to serial ports on p520 ( both ). I
    can't get anything on display ( I tried two terminals which works on
    other p5xx ).
    So I am stuck. Any hint?

  2. Re: p520 and ibm3151 console/HMC console

    few more infos. HMC is ver 6 1.1, and firmware on p520 is old
    ( SF225_096 ).

    Maybe this is it?

+ Reply to Thread