determination of NFS version in AIX through os command - Aix

This is a discussion on determination of NFS version in AIX through os command - Aix ; Dear AIX administrators we are trying to determine what version of NFS is used in AIX version 5.2. Tell me how we can find NFS version through Operating system commands. Muhammad Shahid System Administrator...

  1. determination of NFS version in AIX through os command

    Dear AIX administrators

    we are trying to determine what version of NFS is used in AIX
    version 5.2. Tell me how we can find NFS version through Operating
    system commands.

    Muhammad Shahid
    System Administrator

  2. Re: determination of NFS version in AIX through os command

    On May 23, 10:41 am, c00p wrote:
    > On May 23, 9:58 am, sssess...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > Dear AIX administrators

    > > we are trying to determine what version of NFS is used in AIX
    > > version 5.2. Tell me how we can find NFS version through Operating
    > > system commands.

    > > Muhammad Shahid
    > > System Administrator

    > for a quick check you can run nfsstat

    Try running lsfs or just 'mount' on the client. The will display NFS
    version being used or exported.

  3. Re: determination of NFS version in AIX through os command

    man exportfs

    vers=version_number[:version_number...]
    Specifies which versions of NFS are allowed to access the
    exported directory. Valid versions are 2, 3, and 4.
    Versions 2 and 3 cannot be selected exclusively. Specifying
    either version 2 or version 3 will allow access by
    both NFS version 2 and NFS version 3. Version 4 can be selected
    exclusively. The default is to allow access
    using NFS protocol versions 2 and 3.

    nfsstat as quite rightly pointed out above will give you stats per
    version .. so unless you have specified -o vers= (which will show up
    in /etc/exports and /etc/xtab and exportfs output then you can assume
    that you are using vers=3 (which allows vers=2 access too depending on
    the client version etc)

    HTH
    Mark Taylor

+ Reply to Thread