ssh for AIX - Aix

This is a discussion on ssh for AIX - Aix ; Hi, Looking for an ssh installation for AIX 5.3, I got into the page: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...enssh_aix.html from there, following the link labelled 'You can also get the installation images from OpenSSH on AIX.': https://sourceforge.net/projects/openssh-aix/ I ended up downloading and uncompressing an ...

  1. ssh for AIX

    Hi,

    Looking for an ssh installation for AIX 5.3, I got into the page:
    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...enssh_aix.html

    from there, following the link labelled
    'You can also get the installation images from OpenSSH on AIX.':
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/openssh-aix/

    I ended up downloading and uncompressing an archive containing:

    /tmp> tar ft openssh-4.3p2-r2.tar
    openssh.base
    openssh.license
    openssh.man.en_US
    openssh.msg.CA_ES
    openssh.msg.CS_CZ
    openssh.msg.zh_TW

    I missed instructions concerning what to do with this.
    Anybody has found them?

    Marc

  2. Re: ssh for AIX

    In article <1179763765.762905.311020@n15g2000prd.googlegroups. com>,
    Marc Girod wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >Looking for an ssh installation for AIX 5.3, I got into the page:
    > http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...enssh_aix.html
    >
    >from there, following the link labelled
    > 'You can also get the installation images from OpenSSH on AIX.':
    > https://sourceforge.net/projects/openssh-aix/
    >
    >I ended up downloading and uncompressing an archive containing:

    Did you do an "inutoc" to create the .toc and
    then a "smitty installp" pointing to this directory for installation?

  3. Re: ssh for AIX

    On May 21, 5:15 pm, p...@shell.dim.com (Daniel Packman) wrote:

    > Did you do an "inutoc" to create the .toc and
    > then a "smitty installp" pointing to this directory for installation?

    No, I had not, as I didn't know I had to.
    So thanks.
    With the help of the man pages, I did now:

    /tmp> mkdir openssh
    /tmp> cd openssh
    openssh> tar xf ../openssh-4.3p2-r2.tar
    openssh> cd ..
    /tmp> sudo inutoc openssh
    /tmp> sudo installp -acY -d openssh all

    Now, this told me:
    A prerequisite package has not been installed. Open SSH

    requires the latest openssl-0.9.7g-1 version of Open SSL (Secure
    Sockets Layer). Please install

    Open SSL from the AIX Toolbox for Linux CD or Toolbox website:

    after which it exited and cleaned up.
    I looked at the url found in the error:

    http://www6.software.ibm.com/dl/aixt...S_TACT=&S_CMP=

    and from there, at the openssl packages, e.g.
    openssl-0.9.7l-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm

    Is this it? For 5.3? I try...

    Thanks,
    Marc