Problem with SSA disk. - Aix

This is a discussion on Problem with SSA disk. - Aix ; Folks, For last few days I have been getting error in errlog about problem with one of the SSA disks. Last night I booted in maintainence mode and ran advanced diagnostics to verify the disk, the test ran for abour ...

  1. Problem with SSA disk.

    Folks,

    For last few days I have been getting error in errlog about problem with one
    of the SSA disks. Last night I booted in maintainence mode and ran advanced
    diagnostics to verify the disk, the test ran for abour 30 minutes but
    could not find any thing wrong.

    I am running AIX 5.3 on a 7028-6C4 (P630) system.

    How do I find out what the problem is?

    errpt -a command displays following:

    LABEL: SSA_DEVICE_ERROR
    IDENTIFIER: FE9E9357

    Date/Time: Thu May 17 01:08:16 CDT 2007
    Sequence Number: 426315
    Machine Id: 0005C1DA4C00
    Node Id: lidp4
    Class: H
    Type: PERM
    Resource Name: pdisk1
    Resource Class: pdisk
    Resource Type: scsd
    Location: USSA4D8C-D9
    VPD:
    Manufacturer................IBM
    Machine Type and Model......DMVC36B
    Part Number.................18P2199
    ROS Level and ID............0061
    Serial Number...............F80BE32C7K
    EC Level....................F25900
    Device Specific.(Z2)........CUSNA061
    Device Specific.(Z3)........18P2199
    Device Specific.(Z4)........01191

    Description
    DISK OPERATION ERROR

    Probable Causes
    DASD DEVICE

    Failure Causes
    DISK DRIVE

    Recommended Actions
    PERFORM PROBLEM DETERMINATION PROCEDURES

    Detail Data
    ERROR CODE
    2310 0000 002A 0002 0017 0000 0100 0000 0000 FEAF 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000

    After I re-booted the system last night, I am also getting following error
    from tracelogd, I was not getting this error before the re-boot, this
    error message occurs every couple of minutes:

    LABEL: SRC_RSTRT
    IDENTIFIER: BA431EB7

    Date/Time: Thu May 17 01:33:45 CDT 2007
    Sequence Number: 426338
    Machine Id: 0005C1DA4C00
    Node Id: lidp4
    Class: S
    Type: PERM
    Resource Name: SRC

    Description
    SOFTWARE PROGRAM ERROR

    Probable Causes
    APPLICATION PROGRAM

    Failure Causes
    SOFTWARE PROGRAM

    Recommended Actions
    VERIFY SUBSYSTEM RESTARTED AUTOMATICALLY

    Detail Data
    SYMPTOM CODE
    65024
    SOFTWARE ERROR CODE
    -9035
    ERROR CODE
    0
    DETECTING MODULE
    'srchevn.c'@line:'217'
    FAILING MODULE
    tracelogd

    --
    Hemant Shah /"\ ASCII ribbon campaign
    E-mail: NoJunkMailshah@xnet.com \ / ---------------------

  2. Re: Problem with SSA disk.

    Hemant Shah wrote:

    HS> errpt -a command displays following:
    HS>
    HS>LABEL: SSA_DEVICE_ERROR
    HS>IDENTIFIER: FE9E9357
    HS>

    HS>After I re-booted the system last night, I am also getting following error
    HS>from tracelogd, I was not getting this error before the re-boot, this
    HS>error message occurs every couple of minutes:
    HS>
    HS>LABEL: SRC_RSTRT
    HS>IDENTIFIER: BA431EB7
    HS>

    HS>'srchevn.c'@line:'217'
    HS>FAILING MODULE
    HS>tracelogd

    The SSA error is likely benign and due to down-level microcodes (SSA disks
    and/or Adapters).

    Try doing a `stopsrs/strtsrc' on tracelogd?

+ Reply to Thread