Hi all,

I am getting the errors when importing volume groups on our DR site:

A few words on our setup.

We are running a two node Oracle RAC cluster on site A using HACMP
5.3. Site B consists of a "1 node RAC cluster". We are using HP SAN
replication for DR. We have a total of 47 LUN's being replicated to
site B. The idea is while doing a controlled DR, we should stop all
services on A, unmount all filesystems and varyoff all volume groups.
We then split the SAN replication link and then have to remove all
disks using rmdev, reconfigure devices using cfgmgr, import the volume
groups on our DR site, varyon all volume groups and then mount the
filesystems. An important note is that vg's on site A are concurrent
capable as they are shared across both nodes of the RAC but no such
setup on site B as it is effectively running as a single node within a
RAC framework.

I hit errors when attempting to do the importvg on the DR site. Some
concurrent volume groups are imported fine but 2 give some errors on
which as yet we are unable to resolve. At each attempt of following
the procedures above it is always th same vg's that fail to import.
See below for details.

root@hhlnb35cmd001:/etc #> importvg -y prd01ind3vg1 hdisk15
prd01ind3vg1
0516-783 importvg: This imported volume group is concurrent capable.
Therefore, the volume group must be varied on manually.
root@hhlnb35cmd001:/etc #> importvg -y prd01lob1vg1 hdisk16
prd01lob1vg1
0516-783 importvg: This imported volume group is concurrent capable.
Therefore, the volume group must be varied on manually.
root@hhlnb35cmd001:/etc #>
root@hhlnb35cmd001:/etc #> importvg -y prd01arch1vg1 hdisk17
0516-013 varyonvg: The volume group cannot be varied on because there
are no good copies of the descriptor area.
0516-780 importvg: Unable to import volume group from hdisk17.
root@hhlnb35cmd001:/etc #> importvg -y prd01arch2vg1 hdisk20
0516-040 lqueryvg: Unable to read the specified physical volume
descriptor area.
0516-040 lqueryvg: Unable to read the specified physical volume
descriptor area.
0516-1140 importvg: Unable to read the volume group descriptor area on
specified physical volume.

Disks 17, 18 and 19 are part of one volume group. When I do a
lqueryvg on two of the disks I can see the logical volumes on disks 17
and 18 but not on disk 19. See below for details. We have no such
issues on site A.

root@hhlnb35cmd001:/etc #> lqueryvg -p hdisk19 -At
0516-320 lqueryvg: Physical volume hdisk19 is not assigned to
a volume group.
Max LVs: 512
PP Size: 26
Free PPs: 1755
LV count: 0
PV count: 3
Total VGDAs: 3
Conc Allowed: 0
MAX PPs per PV 1016
MAX PVs: 128
Quorum Setting 1
Auto Varyon ?: 1
Conc Autovaryo 0
Varied on Conc 0
Physical: 00c664dda68b44fd 1 0
00c664dda68b45f3 1 0
00c664dda68b46f7 1 0
Total PPs: 1755
LTG size: 128
HOT SPARE: 0
AUTO SYNC: 0
VG PERMISSION: 0
SNAPSHOT VG: 0
IS_PRIMARY VG: 0
PSNFSTPP: 16128
VARYON MODE: ???????
VG Type: 1
Max PPs: 130048
root@hhlnb35cmd001:/etc #> lqueryvg -p hdisk18 -At
0516-320 lqueryvg: Physical volume hdisk18 is not assigned to
a volume group.
Max LVs: 512
PP Size: 26
Free PPs: 1594
LV count: 2
PV count: 3
Total VGDAs: 3
Conc Allowed: 32
MAX PPs per PV 1016
MAX PVs: 128
Quorum Setting 1
Auto Varyon ?: 0
Conc Autovaryo 0
Varied on Conc 0
Logical: 00c664cd00004c000000010f5892f8fd.1 arch1prd1lv1 1
00c664cd00004c000000010f5892f8fd.2 arch1prd1log1 1
Physical: 00c664cd5892dadd 1 0
00c664cd5892db60 1 0
00c664cd5892dbdf 1 0
Total PPs: 1755
LTG size: 128
HOT SPARE: 0
AUTO SYNC: 0
VG PERMISSION: 0
SNAPSHOT VG: 0
IS_PRIMARY VG: 0
PSNFSTPP: 16128
VARYON MODE: ???????
VG Type: 1
Max PPs: 130048
root@hhlnb35cmd001:/etc #> lqueryvg -p hdisk17 -At
0516-320 lqueryvg: Physical volume hdisk17 is not assigned to
[...]

Disks 20, 21 and 22 are part of the second volume group and when I do
an lqeuryvg on all 3 disks I get the errors below. Again no such
issues on site A.

root@hhlnb35cmd001:/etc #> lqueryvg -p hdisk20 -At
0516-320 lqueryvg: Physical volume hdisk20 is not assigned to a volume
group.
0516-040 lqueryvg: Unable to read the specified physical volume
descriptor area.
root@hhlnb35cmd001:/etc #> lqueryvg -p hdisk21 -At
0516-320 lqueryvg: Physical volume hdisk21 is not assigned to a volume
group.
0516-066 lqueryvg: Physical volume is not a volume group member. Check
the physical volume name specified.
root@hhlnb35cmd001:/etc #> lqueryvg -p hdisk22 -At
0516-320 lqueryvg: Physical volume hdisk22 is not assigned to a volume
group.
0516-066 lqueryvg: Physical volume is not a volume group member. Check
the physical volume name specified.

Any helpful ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.