How to add a AIX 5.3 machine to a DNS server? - Aix

This is a discussion on How to add a AIX 5.3 machine to a DNS server? - Aix ; I am using a Active Directory Win 2k3 Ent DNS server. I have a AIX 5.3 machine. How to add this AIX machine as a member of the windows DNS server?...

  1. How to add a AIX 5.3 machine to a DNS server?

    I am using a Active Directory Win 2k3 Ent DNS server.
    I have a AIX 5.3 machine.
    How to add this AIX machine as a member of the windows DNS server?

  2. Re: How to add a AIX 5.3 machine to a DNS server?

    kumaaraswamy@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am using a Active Directory Win 2k3 Ent DNS server.
    > I have a AIX 5.3 machine.
    > How to add this AIX machine as a member of the windows DNS server?

    Talk to your Windoze administrator. In order to add the AIX server from
    the command line of the AIX server, you will still need Domain Admin
    credentials to add it to the domain. It would be just easier asking
    your Wintel people to do it.

  3. Re: How to add a AIX 5.3 machine to a DNS server?

    wrote in message
    news:1179229197.917474.294030@e65g2000hsc.googlegr oups.com...
    >I am using a Active Directory Win 2k3 Ent DNS server.
    > I have a AIX 5.3 machine.
    > How to add this AIX machine as a member of the windows DNS server?

    Might be some useful info in here:

    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...adsupport.html

+ Reply to Thread