Max quantity of memory possible - Aix

This is a discussion on Max quantity of memory possible - Aix ; Hi i can find the amount of installed memory on an AIX system by typing the following command : lsattr -HE -l sys0 -a realmem Is there any possibility to find the upper limit of memory i can upgrade to ...

  1. Max quantity of memory possible

    --
    Patrick

  2. Re: Max quantity of memory possible

    Patrick
    from command line? Not that I know of
    I usually look in one of the Hardward reference guides for the
    particular AIX server.
    also, if you have a support contract you could call AIX support so
    that they could look that up for you
    the problem is that AIX can query what hardware is installed but
    since each pSeries machine can have different amount of max. amount of
    real memory installed AIX would have to maintain a database in the
    rootvg to be able to give you what you are asking for or
    an EPROM chip would have to have that great amount of data burned into
    it.
    Larry Boy

  3. Re: Max quantity of memory possible

    Patrick Tonnerre wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > i can find the amount of installed memory on an AIX system by typing the
    > following command :
    > lsattr -HE -l sys0 -a realmem

    prtconf is the preferred method.

    > Is there any possibility to find the upper limit of memory i can upgrade
    > to ?

    Have to read your manual.

    http://www.photo.net/photos/garyrhook
    /Vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit/