Missing Math Library in AIX 5.3 - Aix

This is a discussion on Missing Math Library in AIX 5.3 - Aix ; We recently bought a second-hand AIX 5.3 system. When I went to compile our software, I was annoyed to find that the system lacked a math library (libm.a). I have not been able to find one on IBM's website. They ...

  1. Missing Math Library in AIX 5.3

    We recently bought a second-hand AIX 5.3 system. When I
    went to compile our software, I was annoyed to find that
    the system lacked a math library (libm.a).

    I have not been able to find one on IBM's website. They
    do have a collection of math libraries tuned for various
    CPUs, but those are partial libraries. They lack the
    functions that would not benefit from being tuned.

    Any suggestions?

    -:-
    AMULET OF YENDOR - artifact - 4.

    T, 1: target player gains flying for one turn.

    "You must find the Amulet of Yendor and escape with it. Nobody has
    achieved this yet; if you do, you will go down in history as a hero
    among heroes."
    --Manual of the Rogue
    --
    Col. G. L. Sicherman
    colonel@mail.monmouth.com

  2. Re: Missing Math Library in AIX 5.3

    On 2007-05-11, I Fought the Tao and Won wrote:
    > We recently bought a second-hand AIX 5.3 system. When I
    > went to compile our software, I was annoyed to find that
    > the system lacked a math library (libm.a).
    >
    > I have not been able to find one on IBM's website. They
    > do have a collection of math libraries tuned for various
    > CPUs, but those are partial libraries. They lack the
    > functions that would not benefit from being tuned.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Yes, install the "bos.adt.libm" fileset from the installation
    media. IIRC it's on CD #1.

    Regards,

    Frank

+ Reply to Thread