where to change the "user or system settings" inorder to avoid password change at first attempt. - Aix

This is a discussion on where to change the "user or system settings" inorder to avoid password change at first attempt. - Aix ; I am adding a user say "jack" using SMIT. i am setting password for this user using passwd jack. When logging in as jack for the first time "It prompts to change the password for jack". Where should I change ...

  1. where to change the "user or system settings" inorder to avoid password change at first attempt.

    I am adding a user say "jack" using SMIT.
    i am setting password for this user using passwd jack.

    When logging in as jack for the first time "It prompts to change the
    password for jack".

    Where should I change the settings in-order to login with jack without
    asking to change the password at the first login attempt?

  2. Re: where to change the "user or system settings" inorder to avoidpassword change at first attempt.

    kumaaraswamy@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am adding a user say "jack" using SMIT.
    > i am setting password for this user using passwd jack.
    >
    > When logging in as jack for the first time "It prompts to change the
    > password for jack".
    >
    > Where should I change the settings in-order to login with jack without
    > asking to change the password at the first login attempt?

    run "pwdadm -c jack" after setting the password

  3. Re: where to change the "user or system settings" inorder to avoid password change at first attempt.

    It works fine.
    Thanks for your help.

+ Reply to Thread