step by step procedure for configuring OPENSSH 4.6 P1 - Aix

This is a discussion on step by step procedure for configuring OPENSSH 4.6 P1 - Aix ; can any one provide me the step by step procedure for configuring OPENSSH-4.6 P1 (from source not from rpm packages) with PAM on AIX 5.3 64 bit machine. I don't have any idea about AIX or PAM. Thanks in adavance ...

  1. step by step procedure for configuring OPENSSH 4.6 P1

    can any one provide me the step by step procedure for configuring
    OPENSSH-4.6 P1 (from source not from rpm packages) with PAM on AIX 5.3
    64 bit machine.

    I don't have any idea about AIX or PAM.

    Thanks in adavance
    Kumar

  2. Re: step by step procedure for configuring OPENSSH 4.6 P1

    In article <1178794186.699198.61950@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.c om>,
    wrote:
    >can any one provide me the step by step procedure for configuring
    >OPENSSH-4.6 P1 (from source not from rpm packages) with PAM on AIX 5.3
    >64 bit machine.
    >
    >I don't have any idea about AIX or PAM.

    Have you set up a good compile environment? That will be your first
    task. Can't really tell you what that is, as I don't know your
    environment.

    After that, it should just be a matter of running the "configure"
    script to select the appropriate options you want. Once it runs
    and sets up your Makefiles, it should just be a matter of `make` and
    `make install`. You may need to generate your server keys and set up
    appropriate service entries to get sshd to start at boot.

    -tom
    --

    "You can only be -so- accurate with a claw-hammer." --me

  3. Re: step by step procedure for configuring OPENSSH 4.6 P1

    My complile environment is GCC 4.1.1.
    I just need to run openssh 4.5 p1 with openssl 9.8e version.
    I have followed the steps to configure.

    First Installed GCC 4.1.1,
    Installed Zlib 1.2.3,
    Installed Openssl 9.8e,
    Installed Openssh 4.5 P1,

    Edited the file:
    vi /etc/security/login.cfg
    auth_type = PAM_AUTH

    If any thing else is missing with my configuration kindly let me know.

+ Reply to Thread