PLM with IVM - Aix

This is a discussion on PLM with IVM - Aix ; Hello, Does anybody run Partition Load Manager with p5 server managed with IVM ? I read that PLM is available only with HMC managed partitions. But may be it is possible to use it with IVM ? May by only ...

  1. PLM with IVM

    Hello,

    Does anybody run Partition Load Manager with p5 server managed with IVM ?
    I read that PLM is available only with HMC managed partitions.

    But may be it is possible to use it with IVM ?
    May by only in monitoring mode ?

    --

  2. Re: PLM with IVM

    I'd say you've made a good guess... PLM in management mode uses SSH
    connections into the HMC to do the actual DLPAR work to modify memory and
    CPU settings, so the IVM would have to support the in-coming SSH, probably
    an hscroot user ID, and the same commands to be used... Whether is does
    or not is a question I can't answer... ;-)

    -Chris

    On Mon, 07 May 2007 15:14:14 +0000, andrey.lakhno wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anybody run Partition Load Manager with p5 server managed with IVM ?
    > I read that PLM is available only with HMC managed partitions.
    >
    > But may be it is possible to use it with IVM ?
    > May by only in monitoring mode ?

+ Reply to Thread