Perf tuning in AIX. - Aix

This is a discussion on Perf tuning in AIX. - Aix ; Hi, I am new to AIX. I have few queries related to perf tuning in AIX OS part as well as App part (50:50). Does anyone have idea how to change these parameters in AIX and how it will take ...

  1. Perf tuning in AIX.

    Hi, I am new to AIX. I have few queries related to perf tuning in AIX
    OS part as well as App part (50:50). Does anyone have idea how to
    change these parameters in AIX and how it will take effect on the
    performance of OS / Application ?

    If you have howto doc's for it, pls send it.

    parameters are below.

    minperm%
    numoerm%
    numclient%
    hd_pendqblked
    psbufwaitcnt
    fsbufwaitcnt
    rfsbufwaitcnt

    Thanks in advance for your kind help and time...

    Regards,
    Guna...

  2. Re: Perf tuning in AIX.

    On 29 mar, 03:40, "Guna" wrote:
    > Hi, I am new to AIX. I have few queries related to perf tuning in AIX
    > OS part as well as App part (50:50). Does anyone have idea how to
    > change these parameters in AIX and how it will take effect on the
    > performance of OS / Application ?
    >
    > If you have howto doc's for it, pls send it.
    >
    > parameters are below.
    >
    > minperm%
    > numoerm%
    > numclient%
    > hd_pendqblked
    > psbufwaitcnt
    > fsbufwaitcnt
    > rfsbufwaitcnt
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your kind help and time...
    >
    > Regards,
    > Guna...

    Take a look at IBM Redbooks web site. There is a redbook that shows
    something about performance tunning.

    Also take a look at pSeries Information Center and vmmtune command.
    Might help...

    Regards

+ Reply to Thread