Nedd help with sudo - Aix

This is a discussion on Nedd help with sudo - Aix ; Folks, I am running Sudo version 1.6.8p9 on a AIX 5.3 system. I created entry in the sudoers file so that one user (user1) can run the command as another user (user2) without any password using NOPASSWD tag. I am ...

  1. Nedd help with sudo

    Folks,

    I am running Sudo version 1.6.8p9 on a AIX 5.3 system. I created entry in
    the sudoers file so that one user (user1) can run the command as another
    user (user2) without any password using NOPASSWD tag. I am able to run
    command as follows without begin asked for password:

    user1$ sudo -u user2 command

    the command does not run properly because certain environment variable are
    not set, these variable are set when user logs in, so I tried to use "-i"
    option to simulate login, but sudo asks for password when I use "-i"
    option:

    user1$ sudo -i -u user2 command
    Password:

    How do I setup sudo so that I can use "-i" and NOPASSWD together?

    Thanks.

    --
    Hemant Shah /"\ ASCII ribbon campaign
    E-mail: NoJunkMailshah@xnet.com \ / ---------------------

  2. Re: Nedd help with sudo

    On Mar 28, 1:24 pm, Hemant Shah wrote:
    > Folks,
    >

    > the command does not run properly because certain environment variable are
    > not set, these variable are set when user logs in, so I tried to use "-i"
    > option to simulate login, but sudo asks for password when I use "-i"
    > option:
    >
    > user1$ sudo -i -u user2 command
    > Password:
    >
    > How do I setup sudo so that I can use "-i" and NOPASSWD together?

    Why not wrap "command" in a script that sets the correct environment
    variables?

  3. Re: Nedd help with sudo

    While stranded on information super highway John Hoover wrote:
    > On Mar 28, 1:24 pm, Hemant Shah wrote:
    >> Folks,
    >>

    >> the command does not run properly because certain environment variable are
    >> not set, these variable are set when user logs in, so I tried to use "-i"
    >> option to simulate login, but sudo asks for password when I use "-i"
    >> option:
    >>
    >> user1$ sudo -i -u user2 command
    >> Password:
    >>
    >> How do I setup sudo so that I can use "-i" and NOPASSWD together?

    > Why not wrap "command" in a script that sets the correct environment
    > variables?

    That is exactly what I had to do. It looks like sudo does not like
    "-i" and NOPASSWD option.

    --
    Hemant Shah /"\ ASCII ribbon campaign
    E-mail: NoJunkMailshah@xnet.com \ / ---------------------
    X against HTML mail
    TO REPLY, REMOVE NoJunkMail / \ and postings
    FROM MY E-MAIL ADDRESS.
    -----------------[DO NOT SEND UNSOLICITED BULK E-MAIL]------------------
    I haven't lost my mind, Above opinions are mine only.
    it's backed up on tape somewhere. Others can have their own.

+ Reply to Thread